Monday, July 18, 2011

Scrumptious Pull Apart Bread

This week the kids have been attending a Vacation Bible School (VBS) at our local Lutheran church. This is the second year they’ve attended. Last year they did a BBQ afterwards and this year they had a breakfast before!

I’m really not that great at making breakfast foods. It’s just not my cup of tea. I actually quit making cinnamon rolls from scratch because they always tasted like rocks! Joel’s mom makes AMAZING to die for rolls and mine just can’t stand up. So I really was in a situation on what to make for this breakfast.

I hopped on face book and asked my friends what to do. One of them suggested I make this Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread.

image
*Photo courtesy of : Joy the Baker*

It looked so yummy and so simple. And it was just that. I decided I was going to use my bread maker to make up the dough which worked out perfectly once I realized my machine had a delay function! I threw the ingredients in the machine and set it for 7:30 am. When I got up the dough was ready, and it didn’t take long to get it thrown together in the oven!

image

Since I didn’t have the pan size called for I improvised and just put it into two loaf pans. Not thinking of blogging about it, this is the only picture I got of the process! I did end up making up a quick cream cheese frosting to drizzle on the top, which really just brought it all together! It tasted so yummy, and was half gone! I’d call it a total success. Not to mention the fact that I’ve been craving it since Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment