Sunday, November 8, 2009

My little ghouls and goblins

We weren't sure if we were going to be able to trick or treating.  Dahrran started running a temperature the weekend before, and was still not in school on Thursday. The Kaitlynn started running a temp on Tuesday night. By Thursday morning (her temp spiked Wed evening) we decided to take her in. After holding her down and a swab up the nose she was a confirmed H1N1 case :(. Not that I was surprised, it’s been running ramped like wildfire through Dahrran’s school.

After getting Kaitlynn started on Tami flu we saw an immediate difference in her, and by Friday evening no fever was present! It didn’t show up again on Sat, and so we were free to go Trick or Treating. The kids had so much fun, but I think Kaitlynn had the most!! She didn’t want us to carry her, and even threw a fit when I tried to empty her bucket and make it lighter. Towards the end though “Carry Me” could be heard.

Dahrran the Baseball player, and the girls as Ballerina’s

DSC09197

I had all intentions of the girls being little fairies, wings and all. When MacKenzie saw me making their Tutu's she insisted that she was going to be a ”dancing girl”. Guess who won? I had all hopes of finding Jews that you Iron on that said I (heart) Dance, and putting them on their shirts, but I couldn’t. So instead I got Iron on Glitter letters and planned on putting them on both the girls shirts. After getting home I decided I didn’t like that Idea for MacKenzie’s shirt, and Kaitlynn’s didn’t lay flat! On Kaitlynn’s shirt I just put Dance down one arm, and will probably put “Just” on the other. (someday) With MacKenzie’s, I decided to go a different route. After seeing Crystal’s shirts, I knew I wanted to try this out!! So I did! I love how it turned out!!!

DSC09202

Love how each one of them has their own smile….

…if you can’t tell it’s Kaitlynn’s new smile!

DSC09205 DSC09212 DSC09215 

Before heading out we had to dance like a ballerina as well! Thank goodness Aunt Jess was able to show her how!

 DSC09225DSC09228

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on their costumes. All the kids look so sweet and like they are having a lot of fun. Glad that flu bug went away quickly.

    ReplyDelete