Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday MacKenzie!

Since I’m all sorts of behind on blogging I figured why not catch up in order! When Dahrran got into school we decided we weren't going to do big parties for EVERY birthday they had while in school. We set the rule at one big party in Kindergarten, and we would go from there on the rest of the years. Thankfully Dahrran hasn’t asked for anything but sleepovers since!

MacKenzie wanted to take everyone to Chucky Cheese for her birthday, which would’ve been an okay thing except the closest Chucky Cheese is an hour away. Which still isn’t bad except the fact that there are 7 girls in her class and my car only holds 6 passengers (besides myself). So we settled on bowling instead!

DSC00385 DSC00386

She wasn’t quite sure at first how to get started, but with a little help from daddy she was well on her way to being a great bowler!

DSC00387

This is a super blurry picture but it captures most of the moments when each of the girls would get it all the way down the lane!

 DSC00393   DSC00403

Since the bowling alley we went to only had one set of bumpers there was a lot of laying around during turns!

DSC00406

I got the idea for MacKenzie’s cake from Family Fun Magazine! We improvised some and I’m glad I did! I’m not sure the kids would’ve eaten the coconut on the cupcakes!

 DSC00410 

I love that these girls are already friends. There are a total of 24 kids in MacKenzie’s grade, and only 7 girls! (one was sick unfortunately the day of the party) Hopefully they’ll grow even closer as the years go on!

DSC00394DSC00401

Even Kaitlynn got to come to her “sisters party” and she loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

  1. Aww how fun! Looks like they had a blast. I love the cake! Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is really cute! We took the kids bowling a few months ago and it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete