Friday, June 3, 2011

Waking up

So lately I've been having a hard time trying to be a great wife, mother, daughter, and sister. It's been rough. I know the person I want to be, but I'm lazy. Simply put. There are visions in my head of who I should be, really who I want to be. I would love to be the mom/wife who is up before the household, has a load of dishes in the dishwasher, has folded a load of laundry, has another one started and when her kids wake up is ready to help them begin their day.

Instead, I'm the mom who is still in bed a good 20 minutes after her kids have gotten up. Every.Day. I could set my alarm and hit snooze for an hour or more, even though my alarm clock is across the room and I have to get out of bed to push it. Who am I? It is true that I'm more of a night owl type of person. Ask anyone in my family and they'll tell you about how I could stay up until the wee hours of the morning and then sleep until noon or later the next day. It's not healthy I know, but it's who I am.

Have you ever come to a point in your life where you truly wonder who you are, and what your purpose is on this earth? I'm having a moment like that here lately. I have good intentions of being a great wife, but I need to stop being so damned lazy. That might actually help with my self esteem as well......cause I could really use to not be so lazy. The pounds I've packed on since the kids were born is crazy. Sure I'm comfortable in my body, and I really think some days I look good. But is a hot and sweaty mother really who my kids need me to be? ......this usually happens after walking down the upstairs, and to the basement with a load of laundry....for cryin out loud!

I guess what I'm asking is: How do you get motivated? Any exercises programs you use? (I have Zumba for the Wii, and love it, but hate doing it when anyone is around) How do you wake up???

3 comments:

  1. You are not lazy!!! You have a husband and 3 beautiful children to take care. If that is not exhausting I don't know what is!! I have to tell you I am a morning person but you would not catch me trying to do all those things in the morning before the kids wake up. This is 2011 and most women don't do it all on there own anymore. A little help is not a lot to ask for. Steve and I help eachother out with the chores around the house. I know how you feel though with it being overwhelming somedays or alot of days. "Exercise" Are you kidding!! LOL. I would love to be able to do that also. I know how you feel with feeling like you have gained a few pounds after children. I really haven't gained any but my body is deffinantly not the same. I have started weight watchers online and absolutely love it. It is about the only thing I have time for. I don't know have people find time to work out with little ones at home. Maybe that is an excuse but seriously who really does have time. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a great mom and a wonderful wife I am sure. My husband is a night owl and he could sleep till noon also. So you are not the only one that does that. That is who you are and there is nothing wrong with that. Me on the other hand I am in bed by 10 and up by 7.. I wish I was the night owl. Maybe you need a day of pampering yourself and break from reality. We all need a day for ourselves. I hope my pep talk helped you.

    Love your Wonderful Cousin,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you and I are having the same mental breakdowns. (Not sure if that is good or not! LOL) I am also a night owl and could sleep until noon, but drag myself up at 10 (in the summers). I would love to be that woman who is up and at it early because so much more is accomplished in the mornings as far as work go...late nights is just me on the computer while everyone sleeps...not so productive. If I knew the answer to changing that pattern I'd tell you because I would love to change, too, but maybe it is better for us to just be happy with the people we are. I know my messy house, etc. is because I take on too much... there are not enough hours in the day for what I have lined up to do. Some days it really bugs me to be a "failure", but most of the time I am grateful for what I got done and vow to pick up where I left off the next day. Don't judge yourself by how others live. If your kids are happy, and your spouse is happy than go ahead and let yourself be happy. So what if your dishes aren't done... doesn't make you bad, just means that isn't your priority. Maybe the mom who has the clean dishes and house isn't really having fun at all. Have fun!! Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize with you!! I'm the same way--I go to bed at night with good goals of getting up early & getting a lot done, and then I wake up to little voices wanting this or that & say screw it. I have to wait until my inlaws are gone & hubby's at work & at least 1 or 2 kids are napping/quiet time before exercising, but I am LOVING Jillian Michael's 30 day shred in the afternoons. I'm not a morning person and can't fake it...no amount of coffee helps either. I don't have advice, but just know I"m right there w/ya!!

    ReplyDelete