Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ramblings

It’s 12:10 am as I sit down to write this up. It’s crazy that I’m still up. A few months ago you would’ve found me on my computer every night, but here lately I’ve been in bed and asleep by 9pm! It’s nuts!

The reason I’m awake? Joel starts 3rd shift (10:00pm-6:00am) tomorrow night, and so he’s trying to get used staying up all night. Thankfully this is only a two week shift transfer. My guess is I won’t be sleeping much the next two weeks either so I might as get used to it. The plant he works in makes mufflers for cars, and you see it’s about that time of year when the “new” models come out (2012). When this happens the car manufacturers don’t have very big orders so thus there isn’t much for Joel to do at work. He had the option of staying on 1st shift (6am-2pm) and possibly not having any work for two weeks (which means not getting paid), or go to 3rd shift and have hours to work. Thankfully he choose the obvious thing for our family.

Sadly I wish I could change and rewrite that last line to say that he chose to stay on 1st shift and we decided to take a two week long vacation. Unfortunately I can’t. We’re just not in a position to do that. If I were to take a vacation though, I’ve already decided it would be at least a couple weeks long. It would include a visit to my mom in Canada, as well as a stop in Michigan to visit a long time online friend (we talk almost every day….in fact my husband thinks something is wrong if we haven’t talked in a day!), a visit to Ohio to visit another bloggy friend, and a visit to Wisconsin to visit yet another bloggy friend. Too bad we couldn’t just pick a middle point and all move there! LOL

The reason for my absence here this week? Crazy work schedule. Thankfully Joel has been a champ at figuring out what’s for supper. I think I’ve only had to figure it out and cook once this week! Not to mention we’ve had ball games 4 nights a week for the last couple weeks. Thankfully this week is our last week of ball. Then just tournaments and we’re done for the season!

I realize that last paragraph sounds like I hate ball season. It’s not so much that I hate ball season, it’s that I hate running. I’m not a big fan of being gone 4 nights a week, and trying to figure out what’s for supper. What can we make easily. Joel and I coach Dahrran’s baseball team, it’s been so much fun to watch them “get it” as the season has gone on. MacKenzie has a great coach and has helped her learn. She still has a long way to go, but she’ll get there!

It’s now almost 1am, and I’ve finally decided I’m headed to bed. Joel is up watching some odd movie that I probably have no interest in. :S Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer that he has to do the schedule change. The odd hours will be stressful for the family, but it does show what a great provider he is if he's will to do it. I hope it goes by quickly and smoothly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete