Thursday, November 6, 2008

Home Sweet....Motel?What?!

Well I wish I could say that it was a long drive, and we're all tired, but we're home. Unfortunatly I can't say that.

What I can say is that we've had bad news and good news in the last 24 hours.

First off with the bad news: Kaitlynn's new helmet wasn't made correctly, and didn't fit her at all!!!!! I had a bad feeling when the helmet guy brought it in, and it was the same shape as her head is currently. Normally her helmets are a squareish round.(I know, not really explaining it but it's the best I can do!) Well they talked me into thinking it was okay.

We headed off to see our Neurosurgen, and he takes one look at it, and says this isn't right. We've got to fix it. So he was headed any ways to Flordia where they make her helmets, and was going to personally make sure her's was correct this time!!!!!

Now we're stuck here in San Antonio until Friday.

For the good news!!!!! THIS IS OUR LAST HELMET!!! Yes I'm screaming it from the roof tops, and yes you did hear me correctly! LAST ONE!!!!! WHOO HOO!!! We will just have to come back two years post surgery, which will be in January of 2010. When we out grow this new one we won't have to come back!! It was the best news we got this whole trip

I was worried about her Cephalex index having not changed, and Dr. Jimenez eased my mind. He measured my head, and my Cephalex was at 71%..Kaitlynn's is 73%...which means Kaitlynn's head is rounder than mine!!!!! AMAZING! (Joel was quite pleased about this and keeps teasing me!!!) He also measured Joel's (80%) and MacKenzie's (75%), and from looking at Dahrran's he's concluded that Kaitlynn has my head, and the older two have Joel's! Pretty neat if you ask me!j

So here we are couped up in the motel for another day with a screaming infant, cranky preschooler, and pestering schooled child!!!! Kaitlynn's cutting teeth, MacKenzie is whinny for no reason other than she wants to go home, and Dahrran is SOO bored with everyday routine it's not even funny! We're trying to keep them busy!!!

6 comments:

  1. i hope you get the right helmet this time!! iam soo happy to hear that this is the last one!! whoo hooo. have a safe trip home on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating but so exciting with the last helmut news. Make the most of your time together in the motel room, I know it can get kind of cramped in there. aaahhh

    It's cold and windy up there. Is the weather at least nice down there? You will be in for a surprise when you come back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear its the last one! That's funny that her head is now rounder than yours. I hope y'all have a safe trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your status update on FB, I just had to come read your blog to make sure Kaitlynn was okay! Yay!! That is GREAT news. I was reading your prior entry about how worried you were and looking at Kaitlynn's head thinking how great it looks!!! Then I read your latest post and see you are in your last helmet. That is awesome! Since her head is now rounder than yours, are you tempted not to put it on her...haha? I guess it is still for protection, right?

    Leah is doing great!! She is in her last helmet...her 6 months is up on Nov 28!! But I have a feeling she will be in her helmet until she outgrows it. Her head has slowed in growth, so I am thinking that it will be closer to Christmas when she gets it off. Her head is looking so good, but there is still one area they are watching in the back on one side that needs to come out more. I am not sure it will be completely round when we stop, but I can't imagine doing a third helmet when we were told 6 months of helmet wearing. So we shall see what the next month or so brings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you in that room....

    Yipee on the helmet news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda - thank you for checking on me...things have not been well in my neck of the woods. Since August, my father has been progressively getting worse. Even after they determined what he had (Myelofibrosis and Myelodysplasia), he continued to cough and swell. It is only this morning the cardiologist determined he has congestive heart failure. It's like, "duh", I could have told him that as I've been reading everything possible on the web on what he could have. To make a long story short, my Etsy shop has been temporarily closed and making arrangements for care for my children so I can fly down to Florida to figure things out as my Mom is needing some support at this point. Please help us say prayers for him. Thanks again and hope to go back to blogging upon my return (and to explain my lengthy absence). Hope all has been well with you and your fam! - gigi

    ReplyDelete