Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Baseball Game – Warning Picture Overload!

We took the kids to their first ever baseball game back in July.  I won tickets on the radio for us to go. When I was playing “the game” to win them, I didn’t realize they included throwing out the first pitch at the game! The kids were so excited when I told them. And of course I won 6 tickets (since we’re a family of 5) so we took Aunt Lindsey along!

010

Of course we arrived super early, but even half way through the game the seats weren't filled.  :(

012 022 023

With Dahrran getting to throw out the first pitch we were down on the field . The kids had a fun time watching the players warm up, and even prepping for the game.

  028032045048

What we also didn’t know was that Curt Tomasevicz was going to be throwing out the first pitch. You see, we in a sense….”know” Curt. He grew up and was raised in a town that sits about 15 minutes north of where we live. My grandma was his 4th grade teacher!

 033 034

Dahrran got to hold his gold medal, and he was so excited! Curt is such a nice guy. (Not related to the baseball game, but just to prove how nice he is. My grandma is in a nursing home, and has been since November of last year. A couple weeks ago Curt was giving a speech at another local high school, in the town where my grandma is at, and he stopped in the nursing home to visit her! So pretty cool in my book! We had the kids’ pictures hanging on the wall with Curt in them for her, and he signed them both! I thought that was pretty neat, such a nice guy.)

036057 039

Dahrran did a good job, it bounced before it hit the plate, but he didn’t feel quite so bad when Curt’s didn’t make it there without a bounce. We joked with Dahrran afterwards that if he wanted to pitch some day he’d have to practice, practice, practice!

    061 062 063

MacKenzie also got to do something fun! She got to participate in one of the “side games” they hold during inning changes. She got to race Homer, the team mascot, in a bone race! In the first picture you wouldn’t know she was scared to DEATH of him. That’s why he’s hiding his eyes. He was so sad!

085 086

She won, of course. And finally warmed up to the fact that it was just a person in a suit.

 091 093 102

Then comes the 7th inning stretch…okay so this was probably only the 3rd or 4th inning, but you can tell they were “OVER IT”! We had such a good time though!

 109106107119

And of course ONE more family picture to end the night!

135

* A BIG THANK YOU goes out to 106.3 KFRX, and the Morning show for the tickets! We love listening to the station, and had such a great time!

7 comments:

  1. How fun!! My boys would of loved to see a game!! And wow, to throw out the first pitch! Curt is my husband's step-cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun family outting that you didn't have to pay for! Doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you all had a great day
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I also love your new blog layout {at least I think it is new} it looks different. Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just blogging around this afternoon, and found your blog. I hope leaving my link is okay, so you know where you can visit also if you like. I love reading all the different blogs, they are all so interesting and unique. You have a beautiful family, and they sure do look like they are having a great time. My son has seasons tickets to the shore birds game, and my 3 year old grandson is already a fan.
    Thank you for letting me visit.
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete