Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of School

Last year at Kindergarten round up the teacher did a neat thing where they planted a sunflower with the kids. They then told them that when the sunflower was taller than they were, and had bloomed it was time for school to start. They also got to bring home extra seeds “just in case” and we decided to plant them all. We ended up with 3 sunflowers out of 4, which I didn’t feel was too bad.

They got HUGE. Taller than our garage. The one that is all drooped over was the one they planted at school. The one she is standing next to has bloomed and it’s flower is stuck under the edge of the garage.

227 229

I’m not exactly sure everyone was awake for this picture!

231

Then there are the traditional close up/full body shots!

My big 2nd grader

239242

My sweet Kindergartener

232 234

And my adorable preschooler

237  238

And of course one more group shot for good measure!

243

Headed to the bus.

245

I love these shots. They all did so good!

249 251

Bus driver is great. “Turn and Look at mom.” And of course them all waving. THIS is the moment I broke down crying. I was fine before they got on the bus. When it drove away I bawled!

253 254

4 comments:

  1. so so cute!! at least you were able to get one with all 3. i have to try again tomorrow and get one of jacob getting on the bus tomorrow also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I'm all teary eyed looking at those pictures! Why do our kids have to grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! So cute! Great pictures. I am going to cry so hard when my boys start school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait until that year...

    I just had THAT year. After successfully taking first day of school photos for 12 years in a row I totally blew it this year. Really? Must be old-timers! LOL Oh, well. Totally screwed up and never got school photos of my Junior last year either. I guess at some point when enough other sh*t is going on some of those things don't matter near as much as hugging them. YOUR PHOTOS on the other hand..are outstanding. Sorry you cried.

    ReplyDelete