Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fair Pictures

It’s been a crazy hectic last two weeks, and they’re finally coming to an end. I promised fair pictures weeks ago, and here I am just getting around to sharing them!

 SONY DSC 

Here the kids are waiting for their turn to show. Shortly after this picture, MacKenzie’s rabbit, Swiper, bit her then the tears came rolling down her cheeks.

 DSC07998

SONY DSCDSC08001

The kids both got Blue ribbons, which is the highest ribbon they can get in open class besides Overall Champion. Dahrran’s rabbit got the top Blue in his class, but didn’t win the overall rabbit. Neither one of them cared except that they got a ribbon!

 DSC07972

And to prove that I’m not a mean sister, here is a GOOD picture of my little sister and Kaitlynn. Kaitlynn loved all of the animals at the fair. She walked around with Lindsey for the longest time just looking in all of the cages.

DSC08008

Forgive my look! It was HOT, and I was already ready to go home!

DSC08012 

After going home and taking naps, it was time to head back to ride some rides!

DSC08020 DSC08022 DSC08024 DSC08032  DSC08034DSC08069

Remember last year, when Dahrran was just tall enough to ride the bumper cars?
Well, guess who was tall enough this year?

DSC08039 

And guess who wasn’t? Surely she was fine with it…or not.
She wasn’t tall enough to ride the bumper cars, but she was tall enough to ride the Ferris Wheel.

DSC08047 

Then again, since he was tall enough to ride last year he is obviously tall enough to drive now!

 DSC08049

My kids are growing up WAY too fast!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do grow up too fast, don't then. I was just telling my Junior in High School that I wasn't ready for him to go. I cry if I think about it too much.

    It looks like the kids really had a good time. Congrats on the blue ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times! I already cry when I think of Ethan going to college and he's only 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! You guys really have a great fair. Our SUCKS! We don't have a carnival or games or anything like that!

    I love the pictures Amanda...they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PHOTOS!! It looks like an awesome time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post!!!
    It was a much needed bit of summery photos and brought back memories of warm days. I need to view it every day for the next three months to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete