Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Memories we forget to Photograph

We’ve been really busy lately, which has become our new normal and it’s getting kind of old. With our busy schedules I haven’t found much time to take pictures. In the last 3 weeks I’ve taken 57 pictures….and I hate to admit, but they were all taken today! :(

But it is Fair Week in our house! Fair week can only mean one thing, EVEN BUSIER than before! The kids were going to show Feeder Calves this year. We even had them picked out and had started halter breaking them. Then came the feed trial and my job offer. We just decided a week or so after that it wasn’t going to work itself out and scratched that idea. The kids were also signed up for showing Rabbits and so we’ve decided they could still show them. They are less work on our part, and the kids can work with them at Grandpa’s house while he’s babysitting!

Last night we had a storm roll through that has left quite the hail and wind damage. I hadn’t even heard the storm until all of a sudden the bathroom door slammed shut. That’s when I realized that MacKenzie was in bed with us, and Kaitlynn was sitting on the stairs crying. I’m not even sure why Kaitlynn was on the stairs, but I know a few minutes later Dahrran was in our bed as well.

When Joel got up to go to work and then decided he was tired and needed a day off (more about that in a minute) I decided that I was going to take a picture of the kids all in our bed. It happens whenever there are storms, but you never think to just capture the moment. In just a few short years my kids will NEVER end up in my bed, and I want to savor every un-waking moment of it! :)

I’m so glad I took the time to take a picture! This is how it looks, with Joel and I just left to sleep on whatever part of bed is left. We have a King size waterbed, and there is maybe what amounts to a twin sized mattress left! Dahrran usually takes the foot of the bed because there isn’t room for him up top. Therefore it makes it even more difficult to sleep and not kick him. 

As for Joel’s day off. With the feed trial going on he decided it was time he take a break. It’s been almost 4 weeks to the day that he had a full day off. So I’d say it was time! It was nice to have him home, and be able to spend the night as a family!

Have a great week everyone! I’ll try to get pictures posted this weekend, from fair. Joel is going to go to the fair with the kids and I on Friday night, and so therefore he won’t be able to go to work on Sat. as well. So it will be a nice little “vacation” for us all! :)

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! It's a good thing you have a big bed. How do you "show" as rabbit??? I put my rabbit in the fair when I was young but all I had to do was put him in a cage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture. I never would have thought to take it, but it certainly is a good memory to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's happening to our lives when we have to work ourselves to death to get further behind? We ALL should be having more fun. I hope you have the time of your lives at the fair! :)

    ReplyDelete