Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our take on Rainbow Cake

After seeing this cake, I thought hey we could do that. Although I had no intentions of doing it right away, I figured we could do it some rainy day. My dad called me one afternoon and asked if I could bake my little sister’s birthday cake. Not a problem….except when you’ve got a little helper that wants to eat said cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.

So here is the story of how this cake

DSC08763

And this sweet little face

DSC08760

Can turn these 1 cup prep bowls

DSC08765

Into this yummy cake!

DSC08771

And of course what is cake making without the sweet little helper dipping her fingers into said prep bowls. She was such a mess when we got done! And of course she was not happy about it going in the oven!

DSC08768 DSC08774 DSC08777

The cake turned out fairly decent (for not following the directions, and making our own), although the kids wouldn’t eat it! Not sure why. I did make the cake from scratch, and I’ve never done that before. It did taste different from a “mix”, and even Joel commented on that. Who knows. It’s something I would do again. It was fun to see the different colors and to still know it was just a white cake!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute Photo Story. Your rainbow cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea... Rainbow cake.. that might be our Saturday project... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I saw that cake and thought about making it too! Maybe when Isabelle is older.

    ReplyDelete