Monday, October 12, 2009

Football Season is among us

Rarely do Joel and I get the chance to go out on a “date.” We just don’t make the time. We have the time, but we just don’t say “Hey we should get a babysitter and go out,” we’d rather just spend the time with our kids at home. When we do decide maybe we should take some time and go out it’s usually a big deal!

I’m not sure where you’re all from but where we live, College Football is a big deal. It’s what we live for. As soon as football season is over, all we do is talk about the recruits, and who we’ll have playing for us next year. Spring practice rolls around and we sell out our PRACTICE game! Guess it’s no surprise considering we just celebrated 300 consecutive sell out games!

So unless you’re a season ticket holder or know of someone who is, it’s hard to come by tickets at a decent price. You see I’ve been trying to get us a pair of tickets, at face value, for years now. Just one pair, for one game. When we got offered a pair of tickets, at face value, from a couple in town we couldn’t pass them up! We quickly found a babysitter and made arrangements as far as work was concerned.

Here is Joel and I about 40 minutes before kick off. I know we were early birds!

DSC08667

Sea of Red, and first touch down balloons.

 DSC08677 DSC08739

Shortly before the game started, love the picture except the guy with the binoculars!

DSC08740

My step sister was able to score tickets for free for the same game. It was great to catch up with them on our way out of the stadium. My step sister, her friend, and me. (we made Joel take the picture)

 DSC08749

And since we were too cheap to pay for parking, (I’m sorry but $20 bucks is a little nuts if you ask me, and I know that was one of the cheaper places) we had to walk about 25 blocks from the stadium. Needless to say I got my workout for the day. On the way back to the car, Joel decided to run ahead of me some and get the car. While I was standing there I saw this little stamp on the concrete.

DSC08754

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you got to go to the game. That's a lot of red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so glad you guys went out to a game. I'd love to get to one this year...but it's not going to happen. Instead, I'll be GBRing it at home! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I added you as a facebook friend... please message meyour addy. I have something for you, a year late. a YEAR. what happend to the last ten months?!

    ReplyDelete