Friday, August 15, 2008

I'll never see my Brother again.....

"The Time Has Come, The Time is Now, Marvin K. Mooney you MUST go NOW!"


I can't believe the time has come to send my baby to school. I knew it was time, and I've been waiting for it to come for a while now, and it was here. Dahrran was just as excited as I was. He shot out of bed when he'd realized I was already awake.
MacKenzie wanted to be in all the pictures we had to take in the beginning.....
But then didn't want much to do with them here...It was time to make the walk to the bus stop.
Yawning already?
Here he goes, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry....
I didn't cry until...MacKenzie cried. She took it worse than I did, and cried that, " I'll never see my brother again, I'll never ever ever see him. I want him back I'm going to miss him."
She did pretty well though, and after we got home she didn't mind that he was gone. I think she didn't exactly know what to do though. Of course though she had to give her mommy a scare. She'd took off twice yesterday. Once she ended up at our next door neighbors house, and was just over there "talking to Valerie". And the next time, I thought she'd went in the house, and she'd actually just went to play between our fence and the neighbor's fence. Scared me I tell ya.
Dahrran had a good day though, and was so excited. As if the look on his face doesn't say it!!
This morning he didn't get up as fast as he did yesterday, and MacKenzie still cried when we left him at the bus stop. But she's doing better, and well I'm still trying to adjust to only having two children again. I don't exactly know what I did with only two. Times in the afternoons it feels like I've only got one with Kaitlynn down for her naps.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that MacKenzie cried! Heart melting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures of the first day of school. How exciting. Poor MacKenzie, missing her brother.

    I know how you feel when a child is missing out of the equation. When my 4 year old is at his grandparents, it always feels like something is missing at home.

    And my PIF surprise came at the right time, I guess. :) I'm so glad you like it! When you signed up for my PIF, I knew exactly what quote to make for you.

    I hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just tearing up over here, and I don't even know your kiddos! Can you believe how quickly the time passes????

    And OH MY GOODNESS the invitation. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete