Monday, August 25, 2008

My baby is O-N-E!!!!

What do you do with an almost 1 year old while you're trying to get cakes made? You feed her Oreo's of course!!!!! On Saturday my sister and step sister came over to help me finish up for Kaitlynn's party. We had so much fun, and got so much accomplished.
We had cakes to make, cup cakes to make, house to clean, tables to set up, laundry to fold, and so much more that didn't even make the list or... get done!
Kaitlynn got so messy with the Oreos she needed a bath right away! But she was having a blast chasing us in the walker with her messy hands!!!
I decided to do the cake myself, and I was so pleassed with the way it turned out. Infact when we got done, I had to call Joel's sister and ask if she could cut it. There was no way I could stand to destroy it, it was just too cute!!!! The whole thing was edible!

I also found this cute idea for cupcakes, and just had to make them. And considering we had 67 people invited, I figured we'd need them.....anyone want any? There are plenty left!
Of course when you work so hard you have to have a little fun, and we did! I got Lindsey with the frosting, and her and Kaitlynn were just Beautiful!
___________________________________________________________________

The big day finally came for the BIG party!!!! We had such a good time, and an awesome turnout. It was so fun to be able to have all the family and friends we love, that have been there for us the last year. If you wern't able to make it, and are one of our loved family and friends, please know how much we appreciate your support!!! All my September Moms, you've been wonderful, and I love you ladies. Also to all our friends and family that have been there emotionally, we thank you too!!!!!!

It's been a tough year, and the first 4 months went by with unknown certitanty, and the last 8 have been way too fast! I thank our lucky stars every day that the great Nurses found it when they did. Kaitlynn and I will be going there tomarrow to tell them thank you as well!!!!!

Enough talking and on with the picutures!!!!

Kaitlynn got her own cake and didn't quite know what to do with the candle. She proceeded to lick all the frosting off first, and only after I cut into the cake did she proceed to eat it. She was so content with her cake also, and sat there for more than an hour eatting, and playing in it!

See she had a good time!!!!
Here's what was left of some of our family. There are pictures before we ate of all the kids, and they were having such a good time! But then again when you've got 26 nieces and nephews, it's always a good time. There are so many of them that are the same age range so they always have a good time!
We had a bunch of beach balls in the back yard, and here is MacKenzie and our niece Jenna cleaning up! Little Jenna is the oldest of the youngest babes! She just turned one in March!
Here is Kaitlynn opening one of her presents! She was getting mad because she couldn't get all the wrapping paper off!
POOPED, this little girl only went on one nap that was maybe an hour to and hour and a half! (this from a girl who normally takes AT LEAST a 3 hour nap each day!) She had so much fun opening all her gifts and was the last one to crash lastnight!
One last THANK YOU to everyone for everything you helped out with. Weather it was financial, physical or emotional help, we couldn't have done it without you!

_________________________________________________________________

So you ask, how did my baby spend her actual birthday? We headed out to the State Fair today, and she had a good time looking at all the animals, and eatting more cake when we got home. She also got to play with her toys, and we got her some balloons. She loved the ballons.

Dahrran and MacKenzie are having a hard time with my new rule. "When you get a new toy, it is YOURS and only yours for the next 24-48 hours, you don't have to share" So this is hard for them with all the new toys Kaitlynn has got. They know though that they can play tomarrow, which has them excited!!!

____________________________________________________________________

I'm off to bed! I'm completly exhausted myself. We've got another big day tomarrow....MacKenzie starts preschool tomarrow. She's excited, and can't wait to wear her Dora shoes. She also gets to go with one of our nieces, and they're both ready to go. Let's just hope the school is still standing when SIL, and I get back!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job on both cakes! Sooo cute! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kaitlynn! Adorable pictures, and a very impressive cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Kaitlynn...from one Nebraska gal to another! Birthday's are the best aren't they almost birthday buddy!!

    Love, Pea


    Pea's Mama here...Awesome post Amanda, you take such wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda! You amaze me with that cake!!! Wow! Wish I lived near you so I can order one just like that for my daughter's birthday (she LOVES ladybugs!).

    I left a comment after yours on my blog regarding the hats. Will send you a separate email later about them. I'm glad you liked everything I sent! It was so much fun packaging it all up.

    Your daughter is adorable! Love the picture of her with all the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!!! what fun!!!

    so so happy you stopped by my blog to comment today!! happy to *see* you! And, I'm glad your getting your owl fix!! hee! hEe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the cake! I can't believe your baby is one. Looks like she got a lot of nice things and had a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday Kaitlynn! I agree with everybody else, the cake is amazing and the pics are adorable!

    Thank you for the wonderful comment on Thursday's post! You made my day and it was so nice to hear from you! As second grade-ish as this might sound...let's be friends! =) I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I haven't been around the computer for a while.

    I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the cake!! i wish i could make cakes like that!!

    ReplyDelete