Sunday, July 5, 2009

Desperate Call for Help

I'm in desperate need of help. Okay so that sounds bad, and I know a lot of you who know me are saying, "Thank goodness she is finally asking for it!" But really. I need help, help with a bike rally! And ideas for it.

You see it's our little town's celebration...this weekend (July 10,11,12) and I'm in charge of the Kids' Bike Rally! I'm not good at this. I'm telling you. I'm okay when I've got help, but to do it myself I'm not quite sure where to start. You see I wasn't supposed to be in charge, I was supposed to have help. But the lady that is normally in charge is going through a rough time, and has decided she is going back to school (KUDOS TO HER!!!!!) and so has been focusing on that. Which leaves me in charge.

Just to give you an idea of what happens, read this post. I'll wait. Finished already? Wow you're fast! Any who I'm not quite sure what I want to do this year! If I want to go ahead with the same idea as last year or spice it up and do something different!! And the prizes? What should they be? (last year we did water balloons, noodles, and bubbles) We can't go too extravagant because I'm paying for this myself, and we're already on a tight budget!

I need your ideas...well and FAST! Remember I'm DESPERATE!!! Thanks in advance! :)


6 comments:

  1. I'm not good at things like this, but can you get prizes a the dollar store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about getting a puzzle for each team. Give each team a map with several stops on it, and at each stop is a piece of the puzzle (I'm not talking an intricate puzzle, something simple, with few pieces). Once they collect all the pieces, the first team back to the ending point with a completed puzzle, wins.

    As for prizes, Crayola makes some pretty cool summer fun things, sidewalk chalk, paints, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm thinking I'll do, because we do require a $1.00 admission to everyone who wants to ride. So I'll be getting some reimbursement back but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, How would you get them to find each puzzle piece? We have them participate on their bikes. And last year's clues were like that. They had to tape the pieces together and on the back side it said basically to come back where they started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, well damn. then that's not a very unique idea, is it? I was just going to say have them follow the map, and have the puzzle piece taped at whatever the location is that had to find on the map.

    Hmmm, other ideas....what about bike decorating, and then doing a parade? Or how about a bicycle obstacle course, maybe divided up by age group?

    Or what if it was something for a cause? Like if they went on a bicycle ride on a pre determined route, and collected food for the homeless/or collected money for a certain cause? A church, a local outreach program, etc. Whichever team collected the most would win?

    On that same note, what about a race, again by age group? Whoever was the fastest, won? They could even get sponsors, to again raise money for a local cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. give them picture clues to where they have to ride. (first the post office, then the bank, etc) they have to do it in order. as for the prizes check out your local stores and see if htey are willing to donate anything for this bike race.

    ReplyDelete