Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Starting a new Job and some doughnuts

For the last 6 years I've been a Full time Mommy. Picking up a few odd's and end jobs here or there, but nothing where I had to be there everyday.

Yesterday I was offered a job working pretty much full time...until the 1st of September. It could go on longer than that, but more than likely not. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've had to get the kids up and ready to go, and be places before, but never everyday.

For all you Cloth Diaper mama's out there, I've got a question for you! If your babe goes to daycare, and the sitter does cloth, how does it work out? What's your wash routine like? Thankfully the sitter is going to be doing cloth, so it will help cut some of the cost of having all 3 kids in daycare!

*******************

A few weeks ago Dahrran asked if we could go to the local gas station for doughnuts. With a tight budget, I told him not today, but maybe someday we could make some doughnuts. Everyday for the next week, he asked Every.Morning. if we could make doughnuts. I finally caved one weekend and decided we would make them. Knowing they would take time I decided we would eat breakfast as normal, and then eat them for lunch!

DSC07028

DSC07029

DSC07031

DSC07037

DSC07045

I'd say he was satisfied!

Doughnuts Dahrran

5 comments:

  1. I'm a SAHM but I've heard other mom's say that they take a wet bag to the sitters, the sitter puts the dirtys in the bag and you take it home every night. You might have to have 2 or 3 wet bags to rotate. I would just wash the same as always, every 2 days. Good luck! What kind of job are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job, and what a gorgeous photo of Darrhan! I'm so impressed by your doughnuts, too. Is it embarrassing to admit that I never knew you could make them at home, I thought (if I thought about it at all) that you had to go to Wendy's or somewhere...

    I'll never be a contestant on Masterchef, will I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. take an empty ice cream pail over to the sitters with you or empty plastic wal mart bag, very one has tons of them around! darrhan looks tickled pink with is dounuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The donuts are impressive. I wish I wasn't so lazy! lol I can't help you with the cloth diapering. There is no way I could ever use them. I have an aversion to poop and cleaning them would kill me. You must have really found a good job to make money after daycare. I could never find anything like that...daycare is too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, big wetbag, no problem. Daycares are more picky and will try to tell you it is against the health regulations. Technically they shouldnt be but it might take some sweet talking.

    the donuts are great!

    If you ever want some without all the work... take a can of biscuit dough (like the 4 cans for $1.50 at walmart) and let them sit on the counter for 10 min or so. Open them up and then flatten each with hand and poke hole in the middle with a vanilla lid. Fry in 2" of oil. glaze, sprinkle etc. I swear, they are tasty but most of all they please children and are really fast.

    ReplyDelete