Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our 4th Celebrations

We didn't really have plans for the 4th, but ended up having a great day. My sisters and I went with my dad and his girlfriend to a Flea Market in the morning. We were able to make it home with plenty of time to rest and head to dad's house for a BBQ & some fireworks.

DSC07136Align Center

It was quite windy when we first started some of the smaller kids fireworks, and so I was having a hard time getting the snakes to light.

DSC07182

Kaitlynn enjoyed doing sparklers. I think it was her favorite part of the fireworks.

DSC07187

They were watching Grandpa set off rockets, look at Kaitlynn's face! Poor little girl got scared to death from the ones that shot up in the air.

DSC07195

That is unless she was sitting on my lap. Not Joel's lap, my lap. If I'd leave her and a firework would go off she would just cry. While she was on my lap she was fine!

DSC07196

Thanks to my sister, who said "Dahrran and MacKenzie get over there!"

DSC07214

This is on the 5th. Look at the difference in temperatures! It was cloudy and rainy on the 4th, but sunny and downright hot on the 5th. Here the kids are watching a few fireworks we set off.

DSC07217

Everyone was bathed, and in their pj's. Well technically they weren't Kaitlynn's PJ's. Thanks to one nasty diaper rash, Kaitlynn was running around sans diaper after her shower. She decided to poop on the carpet and had it all over herself, so back in the shower it went for her, and these are the clothes she picked out!

DSC07230

The last two sparklers, and so Dahrran and Kaitlynn had to share! Kaitlynn loved it up just as the night before!

DSC07236

2 comments:

  1. Did you go to Fairbury? We were there. :) Did you get anything? Love all the 4th pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your family had a great time. The fireworks sound like fun...we don't do them being daylight and all. :)

    ReplyDelete