Monday, April 26, 2010

The Fort

Daily the girls ask me to build them a fort. Usually they try themselves for a while but then fall short, and always come begging for me to make on. Sometimes I tell them to fix it themselves, but other days I just give in and make them one with the few blankets they bring down. Usually too small, but either way we make it work.

DSC00814

Its so much fun to hear them giggle and talk amongst themselves. I love the bond these two girls have (when they can get along). They’ll grow up knowing the love of a sister, and that makes me smile.

DSC00821 DSC00822

Usually when I try to get pictures of them in their fort, they hide under the covers. If I’m lucky I can get a good picture. But usually they just giggle while trying to hide from me. So instead I take pictures of their cute little feet, and remember someday I’m going to miss this!

  DSC00815 DSC00817

6 comments:

  1. i know the boys love fort building here also. that is until a "monster" comes and knocks it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute :)!!! Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute! my daughter has been doing the same thing lately. I tell her I dont know how. lol
    -Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys love this game too...it really is the best to hear them play and giggle together. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love making forts too! I'm with you... I usually have them do it, but sometimes I give in and make a rockin' fort! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to love making forts out of the sofa cushions when I was a kid. Good memories. My sister actually got cross with my mom when they threw out the 22 year old sofas!

    ReplyDelete