Saturday, April 24, 2010

Your Questions Answered

Thank you all for asking some fun questions! I always like these types of posts because it gives you just a little more insight on who the person is behind the blog, and the pictures. Even though it’s taken me forever to get them answered I didn’t forget!

image

The dog. Well the dog…is Jackson. Jackson is a 5 1/2 yo Chocolate Lab mix. We’re not sure what he’s mixed with, and we’re not even sure who/what his parents were. Jackson came into our family about 5 years ago now. He wasn’t quite a year old, and we adopted him from our local humane society pet shelter. He was house trained and for the most part has been the best dog. The kids love him, and he’s great with them as well.

Life on the Farm….well since we still live in town and haven’t been able to get our house sold, life on the farm isn’t happening. But I know what you meant Gayle. We still have the cattle on my dad’s farm & are waiting the birth of two more sweet baby calves. We’ve got 4 calves on the ground 2 bull calves and 2 heifer calves. 3 are black 1 is red. We did have our first set of twins this year. Joel has been wishing for twins since we got our first cows 7 years ago! We’re hoping this summer we will be able to get our house sold. Although we’re not sure where we’ll go at this point because we don’t have any future farm prospects at this time.

The day I wrote this up , Farm life got interesting. We had a first. A backwards calf. So I decided to snap a picture of Joel. He then asked if I was going to Blog this! LOL Yup, dear here it is!

image

image

If I could go visit anyone, and money/time wasn’t an issue I’d go visit all my fellow blogging mommies that I’ve made friends with! You’re all so nice that I’d never want to leave anyone out. Also along the way I think I’d have to go visit my mommy up in Canada. We don’t get to see her but maybe once a year so I’d have to say I’d go spend quite a bit of time there too….

….now someone win the lotto and share with me so we can all meet up! :)

image 

For Easter we went to DH’s family on Palm Sunday. Easter Sunday, the kids got up early found their Easter baskets from the Easter bunny, and then found all the hidden eggs through the house. The kids and I got ready to head out to church. Joel wasn’t able to go with us this year because about an hour before we needed to be leaving he got called into work. He had to go in for about an hour, and then was back home. We then went to visit my grandma who is in the nursing home right now. After that we hung out for a while, and then went to my dad’s house for supper. Nothing big and exciting but we did get to see family!

image 

My favorite thing about spring are the flowers and the new life that is emerging! The temperatures are beautiful! My favorite time of the year is the spring and the fall. I think it’s all the changing of colors that is the best!

3 comments:

  1. I am curious about this backwards cow---I can't tell by the picture which end Joel is yanking on :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. popping in from top to bottom baby's blog to say hi. :) already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your lab needs company I could send you mine. Really! I think the cow shot was more than this wannabe farmer could handle! LOL

    ReplyDelete