Saturday, May 3, 2008

We've made it to Texas!

Hello everyone, this is a quick note, since the kids are waiting, upstairs with Jess, to go to the Zoo. We decided to go to the San Antonio Zoo, because I didn't think they could handle riding in the car for long period for a few days!

The trip down was great, it started raining on our way down, and I thought to myself, if it rains like this the whole way, this will be the shits! But about 45 minutes from home, it stopped, and the sun came out and blessed us the whole way there! The kids did great, and the portable DVD's were a life saver! They watched movies most of the time, and then colored some of the rest of it. Just about out of Oklaholma we found a sign for a State park called .... Something.... Falls. ( can't remember the name right now! ) But it was a great park with waterfalls, a swimming area, camping, caves, and a playground area! Was awesome, and the kids had a blast; boy did it tire them out!!!!! We were there for about 2 hours, when they started to get tired, and so "on the road again" we went!

We made it into San Antonio about 10:45 or so, but didn't find our motel until almost 12! UGH, needless to say 410, and I10 got me confused again, and we got lost....but not lost because I knew where I was! I just couldn't find where I needed to be!!!!!!

It took the kids a little while to settle down, but after that everyone slept great, they've eatten breakfast, and are ready to go! So for another update later! Loves, Amanda, Jess and the kids!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it and everyone is well. Can't wait to hear about the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "something" falls sounds great! Glad y'all are having fun.

    ReplyDelete