Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ode to: The Dairy Wife

So this is an ode to you, Oh Dairy Wife. Not only to you but to my MIL also!
I don't think I could do
what you do every day.
The children,
the chores
they all have their way.
I'd go crazy I say
if I had to do it all day.
Okay so not really the greatest poem, but then again no one said I was a writter! What brings me to TRY and write poems? The family farm....dairy farm that is. I wrote about the storms, but that was before yesterday. Before I knew that my inlaws "got a g*d d*mn mess down here" (quoting FIL). They'd gotten hit with the storms also and ended up loosing a hay shed that decided it was best put on the Feeding shed, which caused quite a bit of damage to that shed also! Yesterday morning we headed down there to help the clean up process. By the time the kids and I arrived the menly men had gotten the Hay shed off the Feed shed and were starting to take it apart. I think they saved a total of 10 pieces of tin, the rest ended up on a flat bed headed to the local place that takes scrap metal. They were able to salvage a few 2 x 4's to help fix the Feed shed.
We were able to get it pretty much cleaned up lastnight, and it was a late night getting home. Joel's mom and dad had a wedding to go to today, so Joel was feeding. With grandma gone, it left 31 baby holstiens hungry and needing to be fed. Along with the kids that were there and Joel's two sisters, we got them done. But I have to say I don't know how MIL does it alone!!! I had at least 22 hands helping me, and I'm super sore tonight! So here's to you The Dairy Wife, and to MIL!! How you do it, and keep your sanity? You both have your hands full, and have raised more kids than I have, and I'm about ready to loose my mind some days!

1 comment: