Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Can anyone tell me what these cute little children are doing looking so cute? I give you just one guess, and you can't look at our past blogs....cause it gives the answers!!

If you guessed sitting in the basement, waiting out ANOTHER tornado. . . . . . . .You are totally right!!!!


This was the view, before the storms started. Thankgoodness, we had Aunt Lindsey over to help mommy earlier in the day. She stayed with the chillins while DH and I went to the West side of town (see we live on the East side, and you can't see anything!). When we went out before the rain and such came, this was our view. We went out about 10 minutes later, and you could see a vortex of a tornado start on it's way down. That was enough for me, and I told Joel to high tail it home, I wanted to be with the kids! The whole 5 block drive home (our town is about 7 blocks long!) I was praying to God that things would be okay, and that he would keep our family safe.

I'm now counting my blessings because not only are we safe, but that Tornado didn't touch down until it was a few miles outside of town. We were lucky, but from the sounds of it DH's sister, and her family, wern't so lucky. The tornado that tuched down, hit thier town, and there is no power, and such. We will be keeping little Kendol tomarrow, so mommy and daddy can assess the damage. (check back for those pictures later!!! I promise I won't forget my camera this time!) When I talked with Jennifer tonight, she was shaken up, but strong! So tomarrow will be a fun day! Kendol is about 6 weeks younger than Kaitlynn!

This is about all the damage we recieved, was just a ton of water!!! Our local gas station in town had water inside the store. My step sister, Jess, the one that was here for the last storm, works nights at the gas station, and called me to come with some fans. I ended up helping out with the water situation there!

All I know is that I'm counting my blessings, and thanking God for protecting us, and watching over us. He works in wonderful and mysterious ways, sometimes not always wonderful for us, or our families, but everything has a reason. We don't always see the reason to begin with, but in the end we understand all that he has done, to make us stronger, make us understand and grow within ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Phew! Glad you guys are safe! Crazy weather, eh? Even we had a tornado watch last night. Nuts!

    ReplyDelete