Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long time, No blog

Sorry it's been awhile, since I updated you all on us! Things here have been good, just super busy!

A week ago today Dahrran had his 5 year check up, and Kindergarten Physical. He was 45 1/2 inches tall, and 44 pounds. He did so good, and I can't believe he's growing up so fast! He did need two shots, and fought them tooth and nail. I ended up holing him down as soon as the nurse came in. He cried a little bit, but as soon as he realized that Kaitlynn was getting shots also he was fine with his! Kaitlynn's 9mo appointment went well also. I figured with the price of gas these days, and well living more then 30 miles from our doctors office, it made so much sense to schedule the kids' appointments together! Kaitlynn was 17 pounds 12 ounces, and was 29 inches long. She's doing super!!! Our doc was impressed on how much she was moving around now compared to her 6 mo check up.

We had some friends come over Friday morning, and in the afternoon. First was a gal I went to HS with, and her niece Rieley. R is the same age as MacKenzie so they had a good time. They stayed for lunch, and then Darlyn took the girls to the park. Got MacKenzie off my shoulders for a while. Joyce called and then Ben came over. So Dahrran had someone to play with. Then I had another friend call, she was watching the kids she lives with, and wanted to know if we wanted to go swimming with them in Utica. Well, me not wanting to go anywhere, suggested they come over to our house, because we had a pool! The kids LOVED having other kids to play with all day, and it was nice for me to have some adult conversation.

Friday evening landed me at my 5 year class reunion. It was nice to see a few friends, but at the same time I didn't really care to be there! We stayed for about 10 minutes before I headed out. Joel had to work, and we'd actually gone to eat supper there, because where we planned on going was packed full! I just can't believe it's been 5 years. If any of you are reading this and you do want to catch up, feel free to drop me a note!

Then came the weekend. Not a thing planned, so all would've went smoothly right? WRONG! Dahrran had a sleepover on Sat. night, and so I'd decided that I'd let Joel sleep in on Sunday for father's day! Kaitlynn got up early, and when MacKenzie got up, we decided to make muffins. Joel got up not much later, and decided he should go out and check heifers. We had one heifer that wasn't supposed to be bred, but came up pregnant. When Joel got out to check on them, he saw her laying there and thought they were both dead. Luckily the heifer was okay, but the calf wasn't. It had gotten it's leg bent down, and couldn't come out normally. We didn't catch it in time, and ended up loosing the calf. Joel wasn't too happy, and still is wondering why we were put through this. I don't understand, but I know God has it all in his plan, and we'll either grow stronger, or weaker.

So to end with a BIG. THANK. YOU. to Joel. We love you for everything you do, we love how you work so hard for us. I love how you're an amazing husband who is working two jobs, so I can stay home. I love how when you're tired, you just keep on going, and I've given up! You never give up, and that's what I love about you! Thank you so much for being the greatest Husband I could ask for, and the best father to our children! I love you so much!

(and maybe, just maybe when I find where my camera has decided to hid, I'll post some new pictures of the kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment