Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a nice vacation it was

We had an nice time in Kansas City, and it was nice to get to spend time with the Family! I love all of Joel's family, and it's so fun to have all the kids around! The kids had a blast in the pool! I will post some of those pictures later! We were having a blast with my new camera and the action feature on it, it was great to catch the kids in mid air!

But for the pictures that I did add to this! Do you see what I see??? She's officially got her ears pierced. She's been begging us to do it for about 3 months now, and I finally got around to getting it done. It was a spur of the moment thing, when we were out doing our errands, I just decided we'd do it. So of course I didn't have my camera with me, but we got some pictures after we got home! She did awesome, and didn't hardly cry a bit. I don't even think their were tears! If you ask her if she cried she responds, "Just a little bit, it was just a pinch, but it didn't hurt" What a trooper!

Do you see what I see on this picture? Okay so that's what I thought, because I don't see anything either! The ladies that pierced MacKenzie's ears were just like, should we pierce hers too? UM NO! I'm so not ready for that, although I do believe babies with their ears pierced are UBR cute! But, daddy agreed that we could do MacKenzie's and I wasn't going to push it!
This is Dahrran at the "house in town" aka my grandparents house in town. They lived here for a little while before they moved to the place they currently live. It's totally gone down hill, and it was just a safety hazard. The big plans were to burn it down today, so of course I wanted to get a few pictures of it before it was gone! I love all things old, and with charm so this is totally my nature! I wanted to save the windows that were in it, but they were pretty much gone and in such bad shape we couldn't use them! :( But it was fun to get a picture of Dahrran in front of it, and just hopefully he'll have my love for historic buildings.
There it is up in flames this am! It was sad to see it go, but it's safer for the kids in town that would always go to play in it!

I'll try to get the pictures from our trip up, soon! Thanks everyone for their prayers, and wishes through the rough time. It was hard on Joel, and is still taking it's toll on a daily basis, but he will be strong. Thanks again everyone!!! And have a happy rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! What a lovely family you have! Your children look really adorable! I bet they keep you really busy. Ok, I better get back to my work table...it will be another late night for me. Good night! - gigi
    PS The chocolates are almost all gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the fire department know in advance that y'all were going to burn it down? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Rhonda, the fire department actually was planning on burning it down as a controlled "practice" burn. They do at least one a year, and this year it just happened to be my grandparents old house. They'd been planning it for about 2 months or so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's kind of sad...I hate to see a house with history be demolished. But I guess you'll always have the memories, and no kids will be hurt now. BTW, Mackenzie looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete