Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Your Questions Answered!

First thank you to all of you participated in the "Ask us Anything" post! There wasn't much response from it as I'd hoped, but that's okay too! It just means I'm not going to be sitting here typing all night...like I'd feared!

*Husker* asked :"what month and day were you and your husband married"
We were married December 18, 2004. (5 years this year!!!!!)
We had set a wedding date for May 7, 2005 and then found out we were unexpectedly expecting on April 29, 2005. I wouldn't change that December day for anything though, it turned out to be a beautiful, warm day!!

Rhonda asked: "How many tv's & phones do you have in your house?"
We have 2 TV's & 3 Cordless phones, 2 cell phones.

Seeryus Mama asked: "What is your favorite book or author?"
I love to read, but don't have a favorite book or author...is that bad? My current obsession is the House of Night series by PC & Kristen Cast.

amanda asked: "What is your unique talent?"
um....talent, you mean I'm supposed to have one? I'm not sure I do, so I'll tell you something not many people know about me! I'm anal when it comes to sweeping the floors. Not so much that they have to be swept all the time, but when they do get swept I have to have EVERY last speck! (It's so bad that sometimes after Joel sweeps, I go back and do it again, only because I see one thing he missed! I promise that I don't do it unless we have company coming over, but I hate to admit it!)

Gayle asked:
You said you want to move to "the country". Isn't a 200 person town country?

LOL, yeah kind of, but not really!?! We live in a rural area, heck who am I kidding Nebraska is pretty much all rural, unless you live around the Lincoln/Omaha area. Our closest "big" town is about 20 miles away, and the most shopping there is there is a big fat Walmart, and the DINKIEST Walgreens ever! To actually have decent shopping you need to go about an hour away. (which we rarely do! :()

How many cattle do you have?
We have 4 cows, 4 calves, and 1 bull.

Do you slaughter or send them out or keep them?
Well we mainly keep them, unless geneticly they don't stack up. It just depends on what they look like come fall. If they look like they'll be a nice cow & have the genetics we want then we'll keep them, if not they go to the sale barn(where they'll probably end up as feeder calves). The bulls we try to sell at private auction if they've got good genetics...it's all in the genes! :)

Do you have a cattle farming website?
Darn, I've been caught. We have a blog that is supposed to be dedicated to our cows. Unfortunately, I haven't updated it in a coons age! I'm slacking, and Joel lets me know. But you see I'm not good with genetics, and so I would like for Joel to sit down with me to blog. Makes it hard to get it done when we're both tired at night! Maybe soon we'll get it together!

So there you go, hopefully you learned something about us!! Still want to get in on the action? Go ahead ask away, and we'll answer them up!

4 comments:

  1. You said you want to move to "the country". Isn't a 200 person town country?

    How many cattle do you have?

    Do you slaughter or send them out or keep them?

    Do you have a cattle farming website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It was nice getting to know you even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider myself a pro at sweeping too!

    Great list of questions....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think raising cattle would be very interesting, but probably a heck of a lot of work. You must be one strong lady!

    ReplyDelete