Saturday, January 9, 2010

Easy Bake…Whatcha gonna make?

MacKenzie got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. She was pretty excited about it. Me, well I guess I was excited. I never had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid, so I thought it was going to be fun, and something for us to do together!

DSC08656

Sure it was fun to make the dough up. And it was fun to see her smile and have a good time.

DSC08658 DSC08662 DSC08665

It’s all fun, until you do this! Second pan in, and we get it stuck! It wouldn’t move. I ended up having to get a pair of pliers out and pry it out. It was stuck pretty good and even took me a while with the pliers to get out. Oh, and did I mention there was another pan in the oven with mix in it. While trying to get the pan out, I didn’t think about the pan in the oven. OOPS we ended up with a half moon cookie!

DSC08668

She had a great time making the frosting and eating this one cookie.

DSC08673 DSC08674 DSC08678 DSC08680

When she realized it took 10 minutes for ONE cookie to bake, she ran off to play. Which left me alone time while baking 6 cookies in 60 minutes!

DSC08684

Overall I’m not impressed with the Easy Bake Oven. Really?! I guess though what was I expecting when you’re cooking with just a light bulb. I called my dad today to inform him that it would’ve been cheaper, easier and tastier if he would have just bought the ingredients for us to make cookies instead.

And not the greatest quality, but I couldn’t get the video of MacKenzie baking to come up. Sorry you can’t see Kaitlynn, but you can hear her and that’s all that matters! I love that girl!


And then of course after I hit publish, the video of MacKenzie shows up! So here you go! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute memory to have! All those things that seem like great ideas for gifts turn out to be awful! I'm guilty of buying a few duds as well! At least I know not to buy an easy bake oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had an easy bake oven when i was 'little' and it was just as lame then. lame...but fun!! :0)

    ReplyDelete