Thursday, January 14, 2010

Edible Snow Men

This week I searched the internet for new crafts we could do. Sure the girls love coloring or painting, but I wanted to find something Snow related since there is so much of it, and it was so cold.

During my search I came across lots of Homeschooling blogs, and I love the idea, but I know it’s just not for me. Granted we are doing “home school” as far as preschool goes, but it would be a lot different having Dahrran home all day as well….okay I' know I’m not on subject anymore. In my searches I came across Confessions of a Homeschooler. She has AWESOME ideas for crafts, games snacks, you name it. She had these really cute snowmen edible crafts! They’re perfect! Snack and craft all in one! The only problem is finding a time when Kaitlynn isn’t napping and it’s not to close to a meal to make them!

DSC08695

Super easy, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your house!!! She suggested using royal icing, but I couldn’t find any so we just bough caned icing that was on clearance. (thank you Christmas) The girls loved putting these together. The only thing I had to do was use the icing. They let me know where they wanted it!

DSC08697  DSC08700

The girls couldn’t wait to eat these! And of course pretty much ate them up! Super easy, and they felt like they were part of making snack!
 DSC08702

2 comments:

  1. how fun!! i AM planning on homeschooling and am going to keep that site in mind! and i love the snowmen. my girls would LOVE that too!

    ReplyDelete