Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fluff Talk Thursdays

I’m a little late on this one, and I see she’s already found a solution to her question, but I just wanted to Jump in!

Topic is: "How I Store My Cloth Diapers"

When Dahrran was a baby we got a “hand-me-down” changing table from family. It was nice, and I’m not going to complain but we NEVER used it. Ever. I’m the type of person who just grabs a diaper & wipes, and plops down on the floor/couch/where ever. Of course we’ve always kept the changing table, and used it to store our diaper accessories and what not. I think I maybe used it 10 times will all 3 of my kids, plus the occasional baby we watched here and there over the years.

The changing table sat in my living room, taking up space and was ALWAYS full of crap, and looked horrid. When we started cloth diapering the changing table was still sitting in my Living Room, but I was mainly using a Sterilite 3 drawer Tote to store our diapers. One day when I was in a HUGE cleaning spree I decided I was done with the changing table and we put it in storage. 
 DSC09943
We now use the Tote to store the diapers. Top Drawer has all of our clean diapers in it. Second drawer has all of the newborn inserts that came with my Bum Genius 3.0 diapers, and a few extra inserts for my Smarti Pants diapers (I know I really should branch out and get some new inserts/prefolds!) as well as a few diaper liners, extra wet bags and such. Bottom drawer has my reusable shopping bags, hats, gloves, dog leashes, and any other things I think should just be shoved in there!!

DSC09944DSC09945

I used to have a trash can with pail liner, but have found that my travel (was used at daycare this summer/fall) wet bag worked better at keeping smells at bay. Believe me Kaitlynn’s diapers can be wretched smelling and I was having a hard time keeping the smells away. Since I don’t have any place to hang it, it usually sits on top of the Tote. We also have the green basket which holds Bum Genius odor remover spray (which works wonders, but I think it ate away the liner of my pail liner), Cloth Diaper safe rash ointment, & diaper liners (which I hardly use anymore). Oh, and those disposables on the top of the tote??? Yup those are for grandpa’s house! I got tired of my diapers getting ruined or left there without me realizing it.

So there you go! Our Cloth Diaper storage in a jiffy! We love Cloth Diapers and can’t get enough!! I just wish I’d found them when Dahrran was a baby instead of Kaitlynn!!

Come on back tomorrow for a new featured event!!!! I’m super excited!

6 comments:

  1. That looks like just my storage, except for my drawers are pink. I soon will need to get something bigger or just get another one.

    http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. Never in a zillion years would I use cloth. I would gag until puking, but I admire those that can handle it. Incidently, I had five kids and only one case of diaper rash when I left my son with friends for three days to go moose hunting. He had the rash when I came back. Disposables aren't all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have drawers just like that except it has 4 drawers. I keep cloth inserts in the top 2 and some of my stuff in the bottom two. I keep all my diapers in wicker baskets in the living room and change Ethan on the floor!
    What kind of diaper safe cream do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the organization!! we have seperate baskets for each kiddo in diapers. ((and since i have so many diapers also a plastic tote full...)) we have two low shelves that work perfectly for the dipes...but i use the drawered totes for EVERYTHING else in my house. in fact i'm organizing my homeschooling stuff in one right now. i also LOVE the rainbow pancakes!!! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep my daughter's diapers in the top drawer of her dresser. They are very deep drawers and can hold 30+ diapers in each drawer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great organization! Love how you can see what's inside each drawer easily!

    ReplyDelete