Monday, February 1, 2010

Entertaining Life

Sometimes life gets ahead of you, and other times you get ahead of life. I have days when I feel like I’m doing them both. This post is going to be quite random because my mind is all over the place. See I can’t even wrap my mind around what’s going on through it long enough to type a sentence that makes grammatical sense. So here just goes my thought bubble.

The medicine the doctor prescribed me for my depressing/anxiety attacks sits in my medicine cabinet. I haven’t taken it in about a week. I was feeling so good, and the medicine was making me feel all jittery, one day I forgot to take them. By the time I realized it I figured I’d take it at supper time. Of course I forgot later as well. Seems like it’s gone on like that since last week. The sucky thing? I needed them, and still do. The reason I was in a cleaning mood and getting things accomplished? The pills. My house hasn’t been quite as clean since I quit taking them. I just need to start them again, but not sure how/when/why. I know this is due to the depression as well. Maybe today.

My grandma is in the nursing home. My dad’s mom, my grandma who lives less than a mile from here. The one who I grew up with. She’s not doing well. She’s been in the nursing home since the day before we found out about loosing the baby. It was only supposed to be temporary. She got sick, and they sent her home from the hospital before they should’ve. She wasn’t strong enough to get around her house. So grandpa and I took her in to the hospital again trying to get her re-admitted. The instead put her in the nursing home, short term. She was supposed to be home by now. She was supposed to be home before Christmas. Another thing, we haven't told her about the miscarriage yet. We were afraid at first that it would set her progress back and then she wouldn't get to come home. Now I want to tell her. I know I shouldn't tell her when she is frail, but I need her to know. I need her to hold my baby, our baby, her great grand baby, the one she was so excited about. What would you do?

She quit breathing this morning. When grandpa admitted her, he signed a DNR. They had her in the lift when this happened so they went to lay her back in bed. She started breathing. THANK GOD. But she hasn’t been eating well, and there was a mass on her liver which they drained on Friday. Things just don’t look good. Please if you’re the praying type say a little prayer that God helps her find peace in the life she chooses to live from now on out.

****UPDATED**** As of 2:16 (while I was writing this post) my dad called to inform me they were going to admit her to the hospital. She is now refusing to eat, take medications, and isn’t doing too well. The kids and I are going to go see her after Dahrran gets home from school. These are a few pictures of her and Kaitlynn back from August. The last time we went out to get Grapes & Cookies. They always have grapes and cookies for the kids, and usually grandpa brings them to us. This day we went out there. Grandma usually has her wig on but we sometimes catch her without it. I think Kaitlynn looks JUST like grandma in every way. She has her hands, personality facial features you name it!

DSC08117 DSC08119 DSC08123

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, your blog looks so great!

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma ((((hugs))). You're in my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your medicine. Even if you don't know why, just do it. You've got too much going on not to have a little help.

    I am so sorry about your grandma. Illness and death are never easy, but we will all cross that path one day. Just send lots of love her way and make it bearable for her. (You daughter does look just like her :)


    I wish you the best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. it makes me cry. i was super close to my mom's mom and when she went home to heaven it was so hard for me. in fact lately i've been thinking a lot of her and crying when i see grandkids out with their grandparents. ((like ppl my age...it makes me jealous almost!)) anyways i'm rambling. please know i'm here for you, for whatever you need!!

    ReplyDelete