Sunday, February 7, 2010

My thought bubble

I’m just going to pop it. Today was a long day. Yesterday was a long day. And to think it’s Sunday and tomorrow is Monday. Honestly I cannot believe tomorrow is Monday.

Today, well that wasn’t supposed to be much of anything. Just a bridal fair to attend with my step-sister who is getting married in July. I’m her personal attendant/wedding planner (self appointed title. I want to make her day as easy as possible). On my way home last night I even stopped at the store and bought cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk for a big/family breakfast this morning.

When I woke up to the phone ringing at 7:15 am, I should’ve just known the day wasn’t going go as planned. Joel had been out since around 6am and so I figured it was him but I wasn’t expecting my dad. What came out of his mouth next made me want to go back to sleep and quit dreaming. He informed me that Joel needed me to call our veterinarian. If you’ve been reading my blog long, you know we have cattle. Seems one of my dad’s first calf heifers (first time mama) had a massive calf and there was nothing Joel could do to get it out. Fast forward an hour later and we’re preparing the cow for a c-section.

Fast forward another  2 hours and we’re on our way home and just about 20 miles from home. What happened next? Yup, you guessed it ladies and gents. We blew a flipping tire on the trailer….and did we have a spare/jack/everything you need to change a tire? Nope. (well technically we had a tire but it wasn’t a good one) The guys left in such a hurry trying to save mama and baby that we didn’t throw the jack and good tire in the truck.

It has been a long day to say the least! I was more than ready to just relax, but remember we had the bridal fair. Thankfully all went as planned there!

But tomorrow will be another long day. It’s been 7 weeks 2 days since our (my) miscarriage. I’m still bleeding. (sorry if TMI) This sucks! I’m done. Really. If you follow me on twitter, you would know that 3 weeks ago I went in to the doctor for depression/anxiety attacks and talked about it with him then. We did an ultrasound that day and everything looked okay. He figured it would be over then. Well um, nope. So I go back tomorrow for another ultrasound and appointment with the doc. Say a little prayer that all goes well, and we can figure out what’s wrong?!?! Cause if I’m not low on iron it would surprise me!

Good night…….from my little though bubble

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope your appointment goes well and they find some ways to help you feel better because on top of all you're going through you need your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that all goes well tomorrow. Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that all goes well at your appt. I've heard of people bleeding for a long time with their miscarriages and have their period as part of their bleeding. I hope that is the case for you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing http://jacastfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete