Monday, February 15, 2010

Thankful

I’m sorry I’ve been such a slacker! Seems I’ve been that way all my life! My house is never perfect, my clothes aren’t always clean and the ones that are surely aren’t folded. My kids don’t get regular baths, and well sometimes I don’t either. Guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m sorry I tried to be better! But my house is getting cleaner, and I am getting better there. A mom can only do so much before she feels overwhelmed.

I have TONS of pictures to post and plenty of blog posts to write, so I figured this past weekend would’ve been the perfect time. Until I got a call from my dad. It was a call I’ll never forget. He proceeded to tell me that my baby sister was in a car accident. He didn’t know many of the details he just knew she was really shook up and from the sounds of it they’d collided head on.

As him and I headed into Lincoln I was able to get more details of where she was at, and where her car was at. She had been transported to the hospital, and the other driver hadn’t. When I called the hospital they informed us they’d taken her in for some scans but that was all they could tell us until we go there.

When we arrived at the hospital we were informed that she was in a room and so we headed to see her. That was the longest hall ever! When someone you love is at the end of it, and you have no idea what type of condition they are in is scary! Thankfully she was laying in the hospital bed in a gown and was okay as far as we could tell.

It shook her up pretty bad. She was on her lunch break and headed back to work when she went to turn on the main road. She had a green light, and the other driver said he also had a green light (couldn’t be possible). The other driver then hit her passenger side front. She was hit pretty hard. From the looks of the scene the other driver didn’t even slow down at all. Her spare tire that was in her trunk ended on the floor board behind the driver side seat.

Thankfully she only ended up with bumps and bruises out of the ordeal. A sprained ankle, bruises and large bump on her knee. But she wasn’t in much shape to get around by herself. Thankfully we didn’t have much going on and so I offered to let her stay with us and then bring her home tomorrow.

So that’s part of the reason I haven’t been blogging much. Actually I’d just posted the Favorite Fluff Friday post when I got the call!

To top it all off, my other sister and step sister got in a car accident last night with a couple friends. Thankfully theirs wasn’t too serious but they still ended up with whiplash & mild concussions. At that rate I’m not really wanting to drive anywhere anytime soon…..too bad Lindsey and I both have Dentist appointments tomorrow!! :(

5 comments:

  1. Hope everybody feels better soon! Glad it wasn't incredibly serious and that you were able to help her out for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad all your sisters are okay! That must have been really scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd say that you have a lot to be thankful. praising god that your family is okay!! i remember when shaun had his accident (he was crushed under a corn chopper) and his cousin walked into my house saying we had to leave now. it was so scary. the abulance actually passed us on our way there. THAT was the worst. knowing he was there and i couldn't do a thing to help him. i think all hospital halls are long!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I wouldn't want to drive either. I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear everyone is ok and hopefully feeling better. That would be a scary situation and hospitals are always so vague in telling details(I suppose for good reason). Don't they say bad things come in three's? Maybe you will be spared any bad luck!

    Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete