Monday, February 22, 2010

Empty Feeling

Have you ever had an empty feeling inside. You can’t quite explain it, but it’s there. Your life is perfect in every way possible. There is a roof over your head, shoes on your feet, food on your table, and a warm bed to crawl into. If you’re lucky there is the pitter patter of little feet and someone who loves you unconditionally.

I’ve got all those things. Things aren’t always perfect, but compared to some peoples lives I’m a millionaire. Who knows, maybe it’s just the events of the past couple months and wanting another baby. Joel and I have talked, and decided that if Kaitlynn was our last that’s okay with us. We saw ourselves having a big family, but right now it’s obviously not in god’s plan. I’m okay with that decision. But at the same time, I’ve got this empty feeling eating me away.

Please just pray that I can find something constructive to fill it with!

4 comments:

  1. I feel that way as well after just having my 2nd miscarriage in the last 3 months. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with life in general and am trying to fill the void with something. I was just emailing my friend about this exact thing. It's a feeling that not everyone can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I know that empty feeling, especially when wanting another baby. Feels like something is missing... I'll be praying for you, and remember to keep praying about it too! I had that empty feeling for quite some time (and a husband who did NOT want another baby). I prayed and got the most peaceful feeling, and a few months later, we were expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too - we've had two pregnancy losses in the last 15 months of trying for our first. It's heartbreaking.
    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my friend. first off please don't feel the need to apologize about being a 'downer'. because you're not!! you're human. and a mom. and a mom who's struggling with losing a baby. i know this empty feeling as well. just don't let it consume you. it's okay to feel 'empty' BUT when it consumes you...it kills you. praying friend!! and sorry about having to buy new car seats...again. but i'm glad your accident wasn't more serious!!

    ReplyDelete