Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

I’ve seen these around, mainly my favorite Photo Blogs, but I thought it would be fun for me to share my 10 random thoughts for today! :)

1. I really should be sleeping right now. It’s 6:19am and I’ve been up since around 4am. You see we (I) picked up a local paper route to help bring in some extra $$ so we could do more fun things every month. But it kicks my butt. If I don’t stay awake, I can’t get up when I need to. If I stay awake, I’m exhausted at the end of the day. Oh well I guess I’ll live! ;-D

2. I was in a car accident on Thursday. The girls were with me, and we were in the big city. I never go to the big city. EVER. Except to go to the Airport to pick up friends/family. Why was I in the big city? I’ll explain that in a bit. But long story short, I’d been lost for 2 hours, and was just trying to get home. I was distracted by my cell phone and trying to get a hold of Joel when I didn’t see a red light until it was too late. I tried to stop, but couldn’t quite get stopped in time. Thankfully everyone is okay, and there was only minimal damage to both vehicles. I ended up with a ticket, which I fully deserved, but we’re okay! The only thing that stinks, this is my first ticket ever! :(

3. Recently we got Kaitlynn a new car seat. She was just getting too tall for her other seat and I was afraid that if we ever got in an accident it wouldn’t be good for her to be too tall. After much research we decided to go with the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat . And of course I decided I’d let her pick which color she wanted. I figured she’s going to be in this car seat for YEARS to come, so why not let her choose. She choose the Miley print, and I was able to order it online at an awesome price, with FREE shipping!!

1754686

4. After my sister’s accident two weeks ago, I got thinking that it really wasn’t safe to have MacKenzie in a booster seat anymore. She’s such a PIA when it comes to staying buckled and sitting up correctly in the car. When the Nautilus first came out I’d contemplated buying one for her and putting her back in a 5 point harness. But we didn’t exactly have the $180 to spend on a car seat when she already had one that worked. Fast forward a year, Lindsey’s accident, and seeing her sleep in her booster seat all slumped over I decided she needed a 5 pt harness.

5. Babies R Us was having this HUGE trade in event, where you could take in your old baby gear and get a 25% off coupon for like baby gear. I figured this would be the best way to get MacKenzie a 5 pt harness without spending TONS of extra money. So off I went to our local Toys R Us in the small big city. Of course they don’t have the one car seat I wanted to buy. After checking to see if they had any in the ware house and finding out they weren’t getting any in, I was told they had 9 of them in the BIG city. If I wanted to be able to use my coupon I had to go get it from Omaha. So off we went. Got lost. Found Babies R Us. Installed her car seat right there in their parking lot. Headed home. Got lost. Was distracted. Got in an accident. Detained an hour. Got home in the dark.

6. Going to end up spending more $$ than what I saved by going to get that stupid car seat. But the car seat did it’s job, and both my girls were safe.

7. After the accident….we now have to buy them new car seats! :(

8. Today I’m going to the dentist to have a root canal done, and tomorrow I get to go have my wisdom teeth pulled. Fun fun. I’m not looking forward to the rest of the week! Today can go as slow as it wants until 3:30, then it better speed up!

9. I really should go wake Dahrran up. It’s now 6:42am and he needs to get dressed, eat and on the bus in about an hour. We’ve got time right??

10. My alarm just went off….you know in case I decided I wanted to go back to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I'm so glad you all are safe. Sometimes I just think it's easier to buy things on line, then you don't have to leave the house! But I'm a home body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda, I hope the rest of your week goes better. I'm so glad that you and the girls are ok and I hope that your appts get over soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys were safe! If you are claiming insurance, they should pay for new carseats.

    ReplyDelete