Friday, May 1, 2009

Catching up

MacKenzie's birthday was about 2 weeks ago, and I'm just now getting the pictures off my camera! Just wanted to share! :) I can't believe my baby turned 4. Although it seems more like she should've been 5 (and if you asked her she was). You see this girl is TALL. She's been wearing 5/6 clothes for close to a year now. There are days when she acts older than her britches, but we still love her just the same!

For the kids' birthdays we don't usually do a big cake, infact the only cake we've ever had professionally made was the one that Dahrran smashed on his 1st birthday. Either I have made them, or my sister-in-law has. Usually a few days before the kids' birthdays we go to the store, they pick out the cake mix, and something small to go on top. This year MacKenzie chose Disney Princesses that you can change their clothes that are rubbery.

DSC05769

She was pleased with her cake. We even tried something different this year with the frosting. She wanted "strawberry pink" frosting, so I went ahead and flavored the frosting with Jello. It turned out kind of neat! Not sure if I'll do many more cakes this way, but it was different from the normal plain ole jane O!

DSC05771

Before I knew it Great Grandma & Great Grandpa (my grandparents) were here. As I headed out the door, MacKenzie was already ahead of me helping Great Grandma out of the car.

DSC05775

She was even kind enough to hold Grandma's purse.

DSC05776

Of course we had to eat first, grilled hot dogs, baked beans and potato chips.

DSC05779

DSC05783

Kaitlynn enjoyed the candles as well.

DSC05785

Make A Wish!

DSC05786

It was time for presents, and MacKenzie had to make sure that Great Grandpa made it okay.

DSC05791

She recieved the movie Bolt....which we've watched a gazillion times. Fortunately I'm not sick of it . . . . . . . yet. It's quite the cute movie!

DSC05811

It's time for Daddy and Mommy's gift.

DSC05819

This girl has been BEGGING for a "Baby Potty's To Go" since NOVEMBER! When she didn't get one for Christmas she was none the less disapointed. I waited a while to see if she'd still ask for it. To our luck she still was a month later. When I saw one on Clerance for a 1/3 of the normal price I picked it up.

DSC05826

As mommy cursed, grumbled tried to get the doll out of the packaging, the girls had fun playing in the box.

DSC05828

Perfect size!

DSC05830

So Happy Birthday my sweet little girl. You've grown so much since your birthday, and I can't wait for the rest of the year! Love you bunches!

1 comment:

  1. happy bday big girl. looks like she had a great party. i love the candles that were on her cake!

    ReplyDelete