Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A fun weekend!

The weekend went way too fast, but it was so much fun! We had a great time just hanging out. We hung out at the Naturally Green Expo all weekend. I have to say I was not impressed at all! It was rather dull. They said there would be thousands of people and at the end of day one they hadn’t even gotten rid of their 500 free gift bags! :( I’m not sure where it went wrong. I can say that there wasn’t really any advertising in front of the building to let you know it was there. I drove right past it on Saturday when I headed down there. It honestly could’ve been a great show if they’d actually got people in the door!

I did get to talk with a few mommies about cloth diapers. Just not as many as I’d liked! We were able to inform a few grandma’s though. One of them even informed us her daughter was still using pins & plastic pants! We couldn’t believe it. So we sent grandma away with a Snappi and a Thirsties cover in hopes that she can convince her daughter to use them. There was also another grandma there who informed us her daughter was using pocket diapers, but wanted to buy her some prefolds. She came back the next day and informed us her daughter was too good for prefolds  & bought some diaper pins instead for herself!

All in all though I had a good time hanging out with Jess. We went to a great Mexican place with the best Margarita’s as well as the best chicken taco salads! I so want to go back. Maybe I can convince Jess to bring me one when I crave one now. . . Or not but still! YUM!! I’m not sure if it’s a local just to Omaha place or what, but I LOVE IT!! It was nice to get to hang out with the girls & not have to worry about kids the next morning. I’d do it again in a heart beat!


DSC00986
Here is just a little sneak peek of the outfit I made for our new niece. I will have more pictures later as I edit them but I wanted to show you the little sweater/hat combo! Let me know what you think!

My sister is coming home this weekend to stay! The first time in MONTHS!! I love her but she hasn’t stayed the night with us in a long time! I miss my sister! This just means that I need to get the 5 loads of laundry that are sitting on the guest bed folded and put away! I’ve been doing good at getting laundry washed but I need to get them folded! Anyone want to come help??

****************

I know I haven’t drawn a Favorite Fluff Friday winner yet from last week. Nor did I get the new post up. Sadly, I think Favorite Fluff Friday will be coming to an end soon. Unless we have another baby I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it!! Kaitlynn is going to be potty training soon, and so I’m looking more for cloth trainers. If you know of someone who makes great ones I’d appreciate if you’d point me in their direction! It’s getting harder and harder to change Kaitlynn’s diaper as well as to take pictures for Favorite Fluff Friday’s!
Without Further Ado I give you the winner of the Favorite Fluff Friday Tot Wraps winner!


image

Comment number 64 belongs to a great mom! Kelli has become one of my good friends and I’m so excited for her! 

image

Go on over check out her blog and give her some loves! She’s a SAHM to two beautiful kiddos! Landyn & Lilly are just 15 months apart so she’s got her hands full but is doing a wonderful job!!!

*************************

That about ends this post!  I’m hoping I can catch up on Laundry enough to come back to my computer and catch up on blogging! I miss all my favorite blogs. I’ve lurked on a few lately but haven’t had the time to comment! Just know I’m thinking about you all & wish I had more time to come leave you some love!! Hopefully this week!

6 comments:

  1. The outfit is adorable! Awesome job!

    Glad you had a great weekend. I would have loved to be there, too bad we're not closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that sweater/hat is soo darn cute. you wanna make me one?? lol. shoot make some for your girls dolls

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! im so excited! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the outfit!! I tried to crochet a sweater for my daughter and just couldn't get it to look right...I'm much better at hats and wool soakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater and hat are gorgeous! I wish I had an ounce of that talent! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! You are SO talented! Any cute boy ones? =)

    ReplyDelete