Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little bits of random

So since I'm not really totally in charge of my new blog look, I've had to do something to keep busy. It's driving me nuts that I don't have a full new look, but I will get over it. When I get my bloggerroo done I'm going to be pleased...I just know I will....for a few weeks any how! You see I know I shouldn't worry about what the design is, as long as I have readers. But what good are readers if you don't fill their minds with something to read!

I've been a slacker, I know that. I apologize. To the readers that check in on us daily and I have nothing for you. To the readers that have nothing to read and only come here and I let them down. To those of you who just come to pass time. And to those of you who know us the best and want to somehow know more! I apologize. I'm sorry I have let you down, I'm sorry I have gave you nothing to fill your thoughts, I'm sorry I haven't updated you on what we're doing.

This is my vow to you. I will try harder, I will love harder, I will blog more. I will be a better person not only to my family but to total strangers. I will post a picture with every blog no matter what the subject.

In this economy I realize times are hard, but it finally hit me the other day. Joel changed jobs back in July and at the time it wasn't a big deal. We had family tell us it was a mistake, we had friends as if it was really okay. Sure the insurance sucked and the pay was a little less, but it was doing something he loved and that's what mattered. We've joked amongst ourselves since then that it was for the best and I've heard "I'm glad I don't work there" a ton of times since then. I've never really felt either way about it.

Joel was working the same place that my dad works, and has for over 20 years, making mufflers for cars and trucks. It hit me hard how bad the economy is a few days ago. I finally had the same feelings as Joel has voiced over and over again since August. My dad has been cut back to 35 hour work weeks from now until who knows when. Thank goodness he has his benefits, but I don't know how they'll do it with 5 hours less a week. My youngest sister is a senior this year and so there are plenty of expenses that come along with it.

If you could just say a little prayer I'd appreciate it. Not only for my dad, but for two of Joel's uncles that have had some devastating news this week. I'm not going to talk about that today, I got some bad news last night and haven't spoken with Joel too much about it. We just need you to pray that everything works out and for God to help in every way possible. Because through him all things are good.

************************
And since I'm vowing to post a picture with every blog here we go!
MacKenzie had Jackson,our dog, and asked me to take a picture!
DSC04690

3 comments:

  1. My hubby works for the same company your dad works...is it in Seward? My husband works at a factory that makes mufflers for Harley Davidson. They are super busy but since the company that owns them is suffering with the car businesss then the Lincoln plant suffers. That is why he has a week off this week without pay. I sure hope everything turns around for everyones sake. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for your family. And MacKenzie is a beauty! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a cutie, and I really like your dog!

    ReplyDelete