Friday, February 27, 2009

Snow Day

Two weeks ago they were talking this HUGE snow storm that was going to take us over. We were supposed to get 10 inches in a matter of hours with the talk of Thunder Snow. On Thursday evening I layed awake watching the 10 o'clock news when Dahrran's school popped across the bottom - Closed. I figured I'd sleep in and then surprise Dahrran in the morning and we'd go play in the snow.

When we awoke there was not a single flake of snow on the ground or in the air. I thought this is nuts. They cancel school and there isn't any snow out there. I went about our day getting things cleaned around the house and in the mean time looking out the window every so often. 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, nothing no snow, no flakes. N.o.t.h.i.n.g. I headed to the basement to throw a load of laundry in. When I returned a mere 10 minutes later, the ground was almost white.

I couldn't believe it. We were actually going to have snow to play in. It snowed hard and fast and by 3 in the afternoon it was almost done with about 7 inches on the ground. The first of the snow was wet and packing, the rest was actually light and fluffy.

With snow comes sledding. The kids love to sled. We waited for a nice day and took everyone out sledding!

DSC04725

DSC04727

DSC04736

DSC04748
Joel spent most of his time at the top of the hill pushing the kids down it. They realized they could go faster if he pushed them, and he was having a blast.
We've had some beautiful days since this day a few weeks ago, and I was even ready for spring. Until Mother Nature took it away from me. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees, today the high was 41 at 10am. YUCK! It's freezing outside with talk of 2-4 inches by the time Sat morning gets here. Looks like we may have another day of sledding in the books soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am sick of snow, but I think I would hate the up and downs even more. At least when I wake up I KNOW what it is going to look like! Your kids looked like they really had a good time.

    ReplyDelete