Friday, March 6, 2009

Just a day at the Dentist

Considering the last time I took the kids to the dentist (Dahrran came home missing a tooth) we were told to see a pediatric dentist, it's been a while. After a few fallouts with our last dentist, I went in search of a new dentist for the whole family. You see I'm deathly afraid to go, to the point of getting physically sick! I was able to find an awesome practice about 45 minutes away from home.
I took the kids in for their first appointments, not expecting much more than them sitting in the chair looking things over. Thinking we'd be there about an hour, I went ahead and took Kaitlynn with us. We got more than we'd bargained for. They cleaned the kids' teeth and even took x-ray's on Dahrran.
DSC04819
Here is MacKenzie in the waiting room. She wanted to go first, but when we got back in the room she froze and wouldn't go first.

DSC04830
Here is Dahrran in the chair with the girls looking on. They were making sure everything was okay and he wasn't in pain. I caught MacKenzie trying to hold his hand when he did say it hurt.

DSC04833
Here he is all done and ready to go!

DSC04836
After Dahrran's turn MacKenzie decided she needed her turn and hopped up in the chair. But she wouldn't use the "boy" glasses, and had to have "girl" glasses!

DSC04841
Here is Kaitlynn just hanging out! (notice anything about MacKenzie?)

DSC04845
Yup, MacKenzie had taken off her shoes so Kaitlynn thought she needed her shoes off as well.

DSC04846
See she was so relaxed. Chris Cross Applesauce

DSC04850
Kaitlynn got a tooth brush as well. Here she is talking to Dr. Jeff.

DSC04851
She even took her turn and climbed up in the chair.

DSC04852
Perfect way to end a perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. I have extememe stress related to dentists and haven't been to one in 16 years or something like that. I hate my smile, I have teeth missing, but unless they knock me out I can't go. My kids do great. At their dentist the parents wait in the waiting room and I am way cool with that. I think they do better without me (we've been using the same guy for 13 years!). Looks like your little ones were troopers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say that this dentist looks like a VERY fun guy... I LOVE the picture where he is at as he looks so genuine.

    Your post reminded me that my girls havent been to the dentist (Gaby have, but the others two havent).. So I added the dentist to their to-do health list.

    ReplyDelete