Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What we've been up to!

The last "real" post I did, we were headed to the doctors office for the 3rd time in a week. Since then we've been doing breathing treatments twice a day for over a week, and trying to not go out so much. Or at least finding babysitter for the girls so that we can continue with some of our plans that couldn't be canceled.

The girls seem to be doing well on the breathing treatments, and usually remind ME that they haven't been done. They're also sounding better. They were never tested for Whooping Cough, but both girls were treated for it since they had been exposed. It got quite scary at times because neither one of them could catch their breath after a coughing episode.

We then were busy getting ready for the biggest Fundraiser for Dahrran's Elementary school. I'm on the group that helps out will all fundraising for Elementary, and so busy was I. We have a school carnival that is called "Fun Night" and it was so much "fun work" to get done! After a lot of running around, preparing and just plain having a good time, Fun Night(last Friday) was over! The kids had so much fun, and that's all that matters. I'm not sure how much money we raised.

On Saturday another adventure was going to start bright and early. I set my alarm, got dressed, and then packed the kids up in their pj's to head to Lincoln. We were out the door by 6:00am, and needless to say the kids did a good job. We were headed to Aunt Bridget's house, and so that was enough excitement to ward off the tears that come with getting up early.

If you read Jenny's blog or Kindra's blog, you already know what I was up to. Kindra emailed me a few weeks ago, and asked if I wanted to meet up for the Mother of All Garage Sales, a HUGE base of garage sales indoors. I figured heck why not, I LOVE me a good deal and why not start off the season with a TON of garage sales to go to. It was a morning that started off waiting in the cold for a while but well worth it. I got to know Jenny and Kindra a little bit better, and it was nice to have other mom's to talk with!

I found a few good deals but nothing that blew me out of the water. Kaitlynn got a new little shirt, and a 5 pack of bloomers to cover her diapers. Dahrran and MacKenzie got some new Moon Shoes to share, and at a DOLLAR I couldn't pass them up. I just wish I'd found two pairs of them! I also got a cute little 1/2 ladder that I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with yet.

After garage sailing we went out for a bite to eat, and got the waitress to take a picture of us. But you'll have to go check out Kindra's post on the meet up, I haven't gotten to email her yet! :( Lunch was over, and it was time for me to get back to motherhood. Remember my kiddos were at Aunt Bridget's house. . . .

. . . we headed out to the Lincoln Children's Museum for a fun afternoon of playing. Although I'm having problems with my Flickr account so I'm going to have to blog those pictures later! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Going to garage sales are a lot of fun...as long as you don't have to drag the kids. I never go because I don't have anyone to leave them with. I can't take the in and out of the car on a hot day. Too bad you didn't find more deals. Great lunch out.....I miss those! Woohoo! You made it through the Fun Night. Hope you get to slow down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look and header, Amanda! It was a great morning out with friends! Can't wait to see ya again. I'm sure you were tired after that long day! Hope the girls are feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi amanda-just stopped by to say hi on your blog! i will read more at a reasonable hour. best, e

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love your new blog look!! makes me want to change mine :) (hint hint) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to see you! I'm happy to hear that your kiddos are feeling better.

    LOVE your new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete