Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Pictures...just a few

I'm just now getting around to posting our Easter pictures. And the sad thing is, they're not all here. We had a great Easter morning even though Joel wasn't able to be with us. Our plans were minimal for Easter dinner. Joel put a ham roast in the crock pot Sat. night, and all I had to do was make the side dishes. Two guys Joel works with don't have family that live close, and he invited them over for lunch. It was a nice dinner, and the kids and I took a nap. All in all it was a nice day.

Except. Look closely in these pictures at MacKenzie, do you see what I see?

DSC05749

DSC05753

Do you notice in the first picture the lack of color in her face. She was so pale when we got home from church. I could tell during church she wasn't feeling well, but figured it was because the little stinker was up at 7am. Poor little thing ended up running a fever for 3 days. It went through our house Easter weekend. I'm not quite sure what it was, but it included temps and body aches.

DSC05754

Kaitlynn wouldn't look at me, though it's not surprising. Her latest thing is she will not for the life of me look at me when I hold the camera up. So frustrating! But you get to see her dress. Did I mention that I bought them at Wally-mart for $6.00 EACH! No expensive dresses this year, I went inexpensive, can wear again dresses!

DSC05755

Here is what the Easter Bunny brought the kids. They included a gardening tote, and rake. Dahrran and MacKenzie got gardening gloves. Dahrran and Kaitlynn got a ball, and MacKenzie got a dress. They also got gardening shovels and hand rakes that I purchased last year on clearance.

DSC05718

Morning of traditions. Must take pictures at the top of the stairs before anyone is allowed to go down.

DSC05724

Kaitlynn was upset because I wouldn't carry her down the stairs! She eventually got over it when she saw the eggs all over the living room.

DSC05725

**********
The house is clean, and I'll be sore as all get out tomarrow. I don't think I've cleaned this much in a LONG time!!! I have to admit that towards the end I was just throwing things in boxes. And there was a TON of laundry in my expedition on the way out to dad's house. I washed and washed, but didn't take the time to fold it all. The majority of it is folded now just waiting for me to put it away.

I'm hoping the showing went well, but we won't know anything until our agent calls us tomorrow! Keep us in your thoughts!!!! While we're thinking/praying, please keep little Stellan in your prayers tomorrow as well!!

2 comments:

  1. wow. sweet pics. sorry about yall getting sick.
    -Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Easter Bunny almost brought the same buckets and rakes to our house, but changed his mind at the last minute! :) Glad everyone is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete