Monday, April 6, 2009

A Day at the Farm

As many of you know, we have cattle. Which means on a daily basis we have chores to do, and animals to feed. And on a daily basis we have a trip to the Farm, my dad's house where I grew up. I love watching the children run, play, laugh, and grow up on the same farm I did. It brings back memories, lots of memories.

Often I don't bring my camera out to dad's house, I'm not quite sure why. Probably because I'm too much in Chore Mode to think about pictures. When I do remember to take my camera, it's not uncommon to come home with at least 100 pictures, on this day though I ended up with almost 200! What fun!

I love how they stick together for the most part.
DSC05430

This is how most of our pictures go these days! Kaitlynn never wants to smile, and if/when I get her smiling, the other two aren't looking. Photoshoping her head into a few good pictures is in the back of my mind...but for now!

DSC05373
This one isn't bad!

DSC05381
Dahrran has been a great big brother! He was walking with her through a rough patch of weeds, if you look closely, you can see a nice prickly weed that was about to get Kaitlynn.

DSC05439
So what does a big brother to? He turns his back so the weed hits him instead, and keeps holding Kaitlynn's hand the whole time so she doesn't fall over.

DSC05440
Then we headed out into the pasture to play around. Dahrran was running from me, to go play hide-n-go-seek in the stock bales.

DSC05446
When he couldn't find me, he looked up, then MacKenzie wanted up as well!

DSC05456
I love how he's not afraid to hold his sisters hands. I hope it never changes, but I know it's just a matter of time before he won't want to help them at all because of cooties!

DSC05465
And just another lucky catch! Kaitlynn is getting so big, before I know it she'll catch up to Daddy.

DSC05528

DSC05530
While we were out at the Farm, we decided we'd take Stellan to see the cows!
DSC05355

4 comments:

  1. What lucky kids growing up on fresh air at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! I love the one of Dahrran holding Kaitlynn's hand...so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful kids...

    Ever thought of entering pictures of them over at
    iheartfaces??

    http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com/

    Its a great site for anyone who loves taking pictures!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures...the kids look so sweet and the background looks so pretty. Love the farm...

    ReplyDelete