Tuesday, April 14, 2009

State FFA

See here in Nebraska, we're an agricultural State! Our schools are into more than just football and volleyball. They're into FFA. What is FFA you ask? Future Farmers of America. FFA is a way of life here, just as farming is.

I was not involved in FFA in high school, but both my sisters have been. Three years ago I went to a ceremony and watched my middle sister get her State Degree. This year I was fortunate enough to see my youngest sister receive her State Degree. It is quite the honor.

DSC05557


My little sister, me, my dad, and my my middle sister
DSC05565
Lindsey receiving her State Degree
DSC05568
Here she is with the other Seniors that received their degree's!
DSC05572

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! If there would have been something like that in my high school I would have done it. I've always been a wannabe farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your sister! What a wonderful accomplishment. We didn't have the FFA in my hometown but in our school district now they have it. It's something the boys definitely might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete