Friday, January 23, 2009

Hola!

Okay so I couldn't stay gone for long, although I could have if things hadn't turned around. I know everyone is going through a rough time right now, and BELIEVE ME.I.KNOW.the.economy.SUCKS! But things have been tough here lately...and it's my fault. I'm willingly admitting it, and my husband is glad to hear it!

I have this little problem, and it's called clearance! Did you know? Just because something is on Clearance, doesn't mean it belongs in my cart??? I know seriously, I thought that's what you were supposed to do with it!!!! You see my husband and Clearance have a "love hate" relationship, mainly hate, but sometimes just sometimes it's a love. I love to get me a good deal, and my husband doesn't mind hearing about it, but boy does he hate it!

Seems like every week, I'm coming home with CRAP we don't really need. Maybe it's something little, and we will need it in the near future. Other times it's things that are big, and we probably didn't need it at all. Why oh, why, can't I just walk away from that isle (you know the isle I'm talking about) without anything in my cart?More than likely it's because of the AWESOME deals I've gotten before, and I can't seem to get them out of my head.

Oh, well, right now I'm practicing self control. I actually went to town yesterday, and bought only the items on my grocery list. (well there were more than on my list, but they were all grocery's and stuff we needed I promise!!) I wish I could say I was a coupon goddess and walked out with $150.00 worth of groceries for mere pennies, but I can't. I'm just proud of myself for getting out of there with the things I needed!

So I'm asking you all to give me your money saving tips! CVS and Walgreens aren't options...they aren't in the little town we shop in. Oh, and I don't only need shopping tips, I need any tips you can give me, because seriously after our electric bill came yesterday I'll be lucky if I don't pass out!

2 comments:

  1. Here's how I saved $30 on my electric bill - I went around the house and unplugged all appliances that didn't need to be plugged in like the toaster and the tv and the lamps etc. When plugged in even though not turned on they use electricity! And cell phone/laptop charges are the worst = they use the same amount of electricity when plugged in even if they aren't plugged into the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tips from Chelsea. Was your electric bill $415? That was mine for last month!

    ReplyDelete