Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meet Miss Dis-Organize

Ever since I was pregnant with Kaitlynn my house has kind of went down the drain. For some reason both pregnancies with the girls have been really hard on me. All day motion sickness, is about the only way I can describe it. I was fine as long as I wasn't standing up, or moving too much. Ask me to walk across the room, and I'd be lucky if I could do it without getting woozy.

Since Kaitlynn made her grand entrance, my house has been anything but clean. Don't get me wrong, it's been clean just not in the way it needs to be. I'm sad to admit it, but you'd better call before coming over or you might just walk in on a disaster. I want a clean house, and belive me I'm trying. It just never seems like I get ANYTHING done around here anymore.

In my attempt to get the house organized, and cleaned up...because you know we do have it for sale again...I purchased some canvas totes. They're supposed to help the kids make sure they're keeping their toys picked up. And when I remind them to put them away, they're working!

DSC04305

Aren't they just too cute? I'm loving them, and I love how they fit PERFECTLY at the bottom of the stairs. They just sit their waiting to be filled up with all the toys that make their way downstairs during the day. Waiting paitenly, that is until this little booger *** comes along!
DSC04308
And does this to my PERFECTLY positioned baskets waiting to be filled with their stuffings.
DSC04314
***No pun intended, but you have to excuse the boogers. Had her & Dahrran in to the Doc on Friday. Kaitlynn has a sinus infection, and Dahrran has an ear infection....yay! Not so much, but hopefully we can all get rid of this gunky cold crap!!!***

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! My house looks like a train ran straight through it...and the train's name is Kaden! His toy box is in the living room, so its always a disaster. And his aunt brought over a HUGE blow-up ball pit (already had a small one) which is blocking the front door. Plus the tree house that was already in the living room. Grrrrrrr!

    Good luck on selling the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, same pain. I am horrible.

    The totes are great and they do fit all lovely there. We have the same system. I have one tote in the living room that all toys go into and then one person is responsible for putting them away in the correct rooms. We also have one each downstairs for laundry so they can carry their own clothes upstairs and "put them away." (shove them unfolded into drawers!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have five helpless children who are walking disasters. Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you got those totes?? I have been looking for ones bigger than the regular square size that every store has.....

    ReplyDelete