Saturday, January 17, 2009

Problems Step Up

You're going to have to bare with me. I know my pictures haven't been the greatest here lately, but on my own behalf we've been busy! I'm lucky to even have time to blog. So bear with me through all these difficulties, and I'm sure we'll be up and running with awesome backgrounds, cute buttons, and all of my visions!!!!

*******************************

See this here....well it's causing quite the leaping of hearts around here. We do our best possible to keep little ones off of it, but when it's right next to the stairs what are you supposed to do? I mean really. The kids know it will INSTANTLY bring mom or dad running, and of course brings IMMEDIATE attention to whomever has decide they're going to be the dare devil of the day. Really it's getting old.

DSC04273

My question is to you, how would you fix this problem??? I mean really besides actually putting something up that would have to be nailed into the woodwork (which isn't an option) there isn't much we can do! I've tried putting a pressure mounted baby gate up, but it doesn't seem to do much. Except. Fall. Down. Which really isn't a solution, because it just creates a bigger hazard.

**ETA: Here's another picture of said ledge!

DSC04302

5 comments:

  1. Let me guess...the couch is below it...perfect for jumping on to? I know my little ones would be all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no help here. I'd nail something to the wall pretty quick. Something pretty and black ironwork scrollish.

    Or I'd bust butts. :) Since I'd never get around to fixing the problem, I'd just be busting little bottoms- there is no way my kids would be able to resist jumping or standing on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle, actually no...there is a BIG vent under it!!! I'll see if I can get a couple pictures of it!!!!

    They love to play "airplane" which really scares me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda~ I am not sure where to leave a comment here..but just new to this finally got a post up..sometimes not sure what to say..but I have started one..might have to have ur help on getting my page set..love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you tried a bunch of tacks with the pointy side up?? lol jk!! i would have have to say you are just gonna have to beat some butts when they climb on the ledge. maybe put some picture frames on the ledge good luck

    ReplyDelete